Belliard

gallden

It's official (as if it wasn't before), les Expos de la Washington, DC are now officially the Elijah Dukes Schrutebag All-Thugs. And Belliard is their prom king.

Elijah Dukes is one scary looking man, a friend played with him and he said that he looked like he had wings his lats were so big.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I kept telling my girlfriend that they weren't winning that game and I basically stopped watching after the 7th inning. That was the first time all year that they just looked lethargic to me. Anyways, she was giving me play by play from the living room and as soon as Sherrill walked Dmitri Young I said, "Kiss of death, bringing the GW run to the plate." 2 minutes later, it was over.

I tend to lean towards the "he hit the game winning homerun, he can do what he wants" side of this. If he wants to make a jackass of himself, good for him. I think that most of the players would probably echo that sentiment.

Belliard was the better man, and he won the game. Let the backup have his moment in the sun, I say.

And FWIW, the whole "staredown-and-spit" take is a dramatic reach. I saw him launch an innocent little between-the-teether as he was watching the flight of the ball. Lots of guys do that, too.

You don't actually believe what you are writing do you? Look, I am not mad at Belliard, I don't think anyone but George Sherrill has the right to be mad at him, but if you can honestly say that wasn't one of the worst show-up jobs you've ever seen there may be no way to reason with you.

I understand that you like to take the opposing view and tell Orioles fans why they don't know what they are talking about. Thats good for the board and gives an opposing viewpoint. However, trying to rationalize what happened yesterday as "nothing much" and "innocent" is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read on this board. Its right up there with the "Let's trade Jay Payton and Kevin Millar for Joey Votto and Jay Bruce" threads on the absurdity scale.

Belliard definitely showed up Sherrill, but he also crushed a walk-off no-doubt-about-it HR to win the game. He's got every right to do exactly what he did, and I wouldn't expect any different out of most of our guys.

I definitely think if they were playing again tomorrow that Belliard would wear one in the hip, but it wasn't such an insult that I think they'll worry about it when they play next season.

Archived