Belliard

gallden

If the O's were playing them today, I'd assure you that Belliard was going to take one in the hip. I'd be willing to put like, $20 of Wedge's money on it.

Since they're not, I doubt you see much retaliation down the line. Seems a little silly to me to retaliate for something that, by that point, will have been almost a full season ago. I'm not a baseball player, though, and I'm not George Sherrill... so I have no idea how long he'll be ticked about getting shown up like that, if he is at all.

That's probably the last time Sherill will face that scrub in his entire career. It might be the last time the Orioles face him.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If the O's were playing them today, I'd assure you that Belliard was going to take one in the hip. I'd be willing to put like, $20 of Wedge's money on it.

Since they're not, I doubt you see much retaliation down the line. Seems a little silly to me to retaliate for something that, by that point, will have been almost a full season ago. I'm not a baseball player, though, and I'm not George Sherrill... so I have no idea how long he'll be ticked about getting shown up like that, if he is at all.

I doubt Sherrill has given any thought to Belliard or his antics. He is only thinking about his hanging slider.

I doubt Sherrill has given any thought to Belliard or his antics. He is only thinking about his hanging slider.

I tend to agree with you on that, Gordo. I think Sherrill's more mad about the slider than the reaction by Belliard. I'm only completely guessing, though.

I tend to agree with you on that, Gordo. I think Sherrill's more mad about the slider than the reaction by Belliard. I'm only completely guessing, though.

Yes. He could care less about what Belliard did. He is mad that the slider didn't finish. It didn't hang, as it was around or just below the knee. It just didn't end up where he wanted it to be.

When I saw the replay from sort of behind the plate angle, I saw the ball break early. That meant it was on the same angled plane for quite a while -- makes it easier to put a stroke on.

Yes. He could care less about what Belliard did. He is mad that the slider didn't finish. It didn't hang, as it was around or just below the knee. It just didn't end up where he wanted it to be.

When I saw the replay from sort of behind the plate angle, I saw the ball break early. That meant it was on the same angled plane for quite a while -- makes it easier to put a stroke on.

Did you get a chance to talk to him about yesterday? I'm wondering if he even saw Belliard's antics...at least when they occurred.

Archived