Jump to content

Buck's Winning Record As O's Manager Could Be In Jeopardy


mdbdotcom

Recommended Posts

Not so sure about that. I get that this team is  horribly constructed however they are grossly under performing. Buck brought some respectability back to the Orioles organization and I thank him for that, however, his time should be over. Buck has a strong/calming influence however right not they need a kick in the ass, not excuses. Just listen to the veterans being interviewed after losses, all I hear them say is the game is a grind, it's hard to win at the Major league level. Come on, it's a game! His message is stale and the players actually sound like they feel sorry for themselves.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I wouldn't go on a tirade about it.  I just don't think whomever they named now would be the manager next year so I don't think there is much point to it.

I don't either. The only point would be a to send a message. And to plug in someone who would commit to playing the younger players for the rest of the season so we have a better sense of what we have and what we need. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, wildbillhiccup said:

I don't either. The only point would be a to send a message. And to plug in someone who would commit to playing the younger players for the rest of the season so we have a better sense of what we have and what we need. 

Dan could always just trade away or cut the older players and fill the roster with kids.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

I don't either. The only point would be a to send a message. And to plug in someone who would commit to playing the younger players for the rest of the season so we have a better sense of what we have and what we need. 

So you are assuming that upper management WANTS to play the younger players and Buck is insisting on not doing it?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, mdbdotcom said:

Buck's record as O's manager is 34 games over .500. If the team continues to play as it has for the first third of the season, his record as O's manager will fall to 6 games below .500.

Never saw that coming.

Yeah, but didn't you hear that the O's won more games than anyone else over a five year stretch! Sure, the Yanks and others could have won more but they traded off guys to young prospects. Apparently they think winning a championship is better than having more wins over a five year stretch than anyone else.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SteveA said:

So you are assuming that upper management WANTS to play the younger players and Buck is insisting on not doing it?

 

I'm not assuming anything, but I think I think it's what they should be doing. Buck is stubborn though. There's a history there to support that claim. Most recently, look how long it took him to drop Davis in the order and to (hopefully) put Tillman out to pasture. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am not sure why because I think Buck should be replaced I am responsible for naming the new manager.  I would think an interim manager for the rest of the year might be the solution as DD is not signed past the end of the year and a new GM should be able to pick his manager.  But how am I supposed to know who the best guy within the organization would be?  Someone from the minors or one of the current coaches would be my suggestion.  Only fear would be another Trembley situation. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, atomic said:

I am not sure why because I think Buck should be replaced I am responsible for naming the new manager.  I would think an interim manager for the rest of the year might be the solution as DD is not signed past the end of the year and a new GM should be able to pick his manager.  But how am I supposed to know who the best guy within the organization would be?  Someone from the minors or one of the current coaches would be my suggestion.  Only fear would be another Trembley situation. 

Was that so hard?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Jerry Coleman ,105.7 said that management wanted to fire Roger McDowell but Buck got upset and they changed their mind.

Ridiculous.  This team is run so poorly.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Jerry Coleman ,105.7 said that management wanted to fire Roger McDowell but Buck got upset and they changed their mind.

IIRC Years ago the Front Office wanted Mazzone fired and Perlozzo went to Angelos and stopped it.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...