Rays vs Redsox

Fan4Life

Who do you pull for? Sweep by one or the other? 2-1 Rays, 2-1 Sox?

The Rays because:

You hate the Redsox

You think they're a nice story

You think we can beat them later head-to-head to make up ground

But

They're in 1st place and if you pull for them, you can't gain on them now.

The Sox because:

You want to have an opportunity to make up some ground, at least tonight

You think we can beat them later head-to-head to make up ground

Umm... ok, that's the only reason I can think of...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The coward formerly known as a breakfast cereal will not be playing in this series because he will begin serving his suspension which will be reduced to 5 games.

I hope somebody else takes his place and gets drilled. Pedroia would be my target for a beanball. Papelbon deserves to take a comebacker (not in the face) for his comments.

I am just hoping for a battle royale!

Yep. I hope they get into another fight and they both get even more suspensions and the O's have a chance to gain on them. I don't want any of them to get hurt, but some more suspensions would be nice...:D

But I'd rather have the Rays win.

I have to pull for the Rays because I want someone other than the Sox or Yanks to win the division, but I said the same thing about the Sox vs Yanks back a few years ago and am regretting that now.

I doubt the Rays will ever have the kind of fans like in NY or Boston, or the type of players, but I just always feel uneasy rooting for a division rival.

Go Rays!

Yeah, they were faster than us to rise up and compete with the Sox and Yanks, but thats our own damn fault.

Point is that there's a new power to be reckoned with in the AL East instead of the stale Sox and Yanks.

The Rays haven't gotten on my nerves yet...they're not, fat, old, rich and happy...they're young, hungry and lean. It's a very well built team and fun to watch.

And it's fun to watch someone with a fraction of the Sox payroll to step up and smack them in the mouth.

Archived