O's said to be interested in Hanley Ramirez

Flacco Machado

This is a good sign and a bad sign. 

The good news first. This means Peter has agreed to move Manny for the best deal available.

The bad bad news is that Peter is not willing to give up the fans. The new campaign will be Hanley Ramirez?  I’ve heard of him!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a low pressure move.  He won't cost much and honestly, someone like Hays needs to work out his issues in the minors.  Getting Hanley means the O's can still bring up Mullins and/or Stewart when the time is right.  I don't see an issue with this possibility.

50 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

More defensively challenged HR hitters who strike out a ton.  Playoffs here we come!

I am against this signing just on the basis of not wanting yet another one of these guys on the roster.  That's what, the 5th or 6th guy who does that particular thing?  Is there a team in baseball with a more poorly-constructed roster?

2 hours ago, JanJaap said:

Tippical Angelos move to get some hinies in the seats. This team cries out for defence, pitching and OBP, not for an over the hill slugger. 

Do you honestly think Hanley Ramirez is going to sell tickets?   Why, does he have relatives in the area?    Other than blood relations, I don’t see any fans dying to see Hanley Ramirez.

4 minutes ago, Barnaby Graves said:

I am against this signing just on the basis of not wanting yet another one of these guys on the roster.  That's what, the 5th or 6th guy who does that particular thing?  Is there a team in baseball with a more poorly-constructed roster?

They are hoping to win the award. And with the poorest constructed roster, the Orioles win.....

The first pick in the draft Johnny.  For starting the season with 3, not 2 not 1 not 0, but 3 rule 5 players and 5 non-roster invitees, AND Mike Wright and Chris Tillman, the Baltimore Orioles went for it with one of the most outmatched teams in history.  Not since Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid rolled into a Bolivian street with guns blazing has a team been so poorly constructed.  In honor of a terrible team that still somehow managed to play below expectations, the Baltimore Orioles are hereby awarded the number one pick in the 2019 draft!

1 hour ago, TouchemAll said:

If we keep this up we could have a new 1st baseman every inning LOL The ULTIMATE in depth. ?

For those who have played ball in a field or park with less than 9 players, I think the Orioles are tipping their hand for a second half surge.  The Orioles are going to play with 7 DH's a 1b, P and C.  

When balls are hit in the field to places where we don't have defenders it is an automatic out.  As long as we can keep the ball in the park we can be competitive.  It's going to be called:

The Oriole Supplemental Shift Utility Compromise of 2018.  

We will of course refer to it as:  O's Suck !

12 minutes ago, foxfield said:

They are hoping to win the award. And with the poorest constructed roster, the Orioles win.....

The first pick in the draft Johnny.  For starting the season with 3, not 2 not 1 not 0, but 3 rule 5 players and 5 non-roster invitees, AND Mike Wright and Chris Tillman, the Baltimore Orioles went for it with one of the most outmatched teams in history.  Not since Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid rolled into a Bolivian street with guns blazing has a team been so poorly constructed.  In honor of a terrible team that still somehow managed to play below expectations, the Baltimore Orioles are hereby awarded the number one pick in the 2019 draft!

Can the O's get an honorary supplemental draft pick for best "tank job" while "going for it"

3 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Can the O's get an honorary supplemental draft pick for best "tank job" while "going for it"

I was actually hoping that MLB would create a special award for this feat.  But I was hoping they would provide a new owner.

Why not sign him and make him our starting Short Stop and move Manny to Centerfield?  Move Schoop to catcher, make Davis a pitcher and have Tillman be our third baseman.  We won't do any worse and it might be funny. 

Archived