O's said to be interested in Hanley Ramirez

Flacco Machado

5 minutes ago, atomic said:

Why do you assume he would play for less than a million.  He has made 159 million in his career.  I am guessing if no one wants to pay him more than league minimum he retires.

Boston is paying him.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, birdwatcher55 said:

LOL..this is not the White House. Why wouldn't you sign him and dump him at deadline for a prospect? Maybe nobody loses their head at deadline but why not take a chance?

Because I don't want to watch him play.

Because I don't want to further block a young player from getting called up.

Because I don't think you will get anything worth anything back in a deal.

40 minutes ago, atomic said:

Why do you assume he would play for less than a million.  He has made 159 million in his career.  I am guessing if no one wants to pay him more than league minimum he retires.

You do know that he is making $22.750 Million this year.  Any team that signs him is would only be responsible for a prorated portion of league minimum for the remainder of the year and Boston would still be paying the remainder.  Ant team that would up that ante above his current salary would be idiots so that is why the Orioles are in the picture.

6 minutes ago, birdwatcher55 said:

LOL..this is not the White House. Why wouldn't you sign him and dump him at deadline for a prospect? Maybe nobody loses their head at deadline but why not take a chance?

Besides what C of C said, why would any team want him for anything at the dead line (Prospects) when they could have him now for less that MLB League minimum.

2 minutes ago, thezeroes said:

You do know that he is making $22.750 Million this year.  Any team that signs him is would only be responsible for a prorated portion of league minimum for the remainder of the year and Boston would still be paying the remainder.  Ant team that would up that ante above his current salary would be idiots so that is why the Orioles are in the picture.

You do know he makes the 22.75 million no matter if he plays another game or not.   

3 minutes ago, birdwatcher55 said:

The Os are getting nothing for Hanley Ramirez at the deadline. He’s available for zero prospects right now. Better DH types will be available for non-prospects at the deadline. 

Just now, atomic said:

You do know he makes the 22.75 million no matter if he plays another game or not.   

Exactly what I said, so if he wants more than league minmum to sign for the remainder of the year, why would any team sign him???

1 minute ago, birdwatcher55 said:

Who is he blocking?..lol

If the Os have any brains whatsoever, the outfield will be full of prospects soon and the rest of the roster will be competing for at bats at DH and 1B  

1 minute ago, atomic said:

But that is contingent on him playing for another team. If you had 159 million dollars why would you play for 250k for the rest of the year? 

No it is not contingent on another team signing him.  When they released him his contract was guaranteed to be paid by Boston.

2 minutes ago, thezeroes said:

Exactly what I said, so if he wants more than league minmum to sign for the remainder of the year, why would any team sign him???

Let's say, theoretically, that TWO teams are interested in his services, he could use that fact to leverage more money out of one of them.

7 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Because I don't want to watch him play.

Because I don't want to further block a young player from getting called up.

Because I don't think you will get anything worth anything back in a deal.

This is the best reason. Seeing a 34 year old, almost washed up HR in an Orioles uniform would make me want to puke. Just another stupid move. 

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Let's say, theoretically, that TWO teams are interested in his services, he could use that fact to leverage more money out of one of them.

Is the TWO TEAMS Brady Anderson and Dan Duquette and once again we are bidding against ourselves?????

Archived