2018 Orioles Draft Tracker

1 minute ago, atomic said:

I think if I were a college senior and am graduating and the Orioles offered me a grand I would just start on my career over playing for below minimum wage. 

OK.  You do know the O's didn't sign any college seniors for a grand right?

As for me I would take the grand and then retire.

5 minutes ago, atomic said:

I think if I were a college senior and am graduating and the Orioles offered me a grand I would just start on my career over playing for below minimum wage. 

There were a few college seniors who signed for 2.5K, the player in question is Garrett Martin who is listed as signing for 1K even though he's a HS senior.

6 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

OK.  You do know the O's didn't sign any college seniors for a grand right?

As for me I would take the grand and then retire.

I would say I got a job offering my field so I can't take a grand anymore but I would be glad to sign for 75k.   It would out well both for team and me as they can use the extra money to go over slot on someone else. 

2 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

There were a few college seniors who signed for 2.5K, the player in question is Garrett Martin who is listed as signing for 1K even though he's a HS senior.

I am guessing he wasn't college material. 

46 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

Did he actually sign though? He hasn't been announced by a team source and 1K for a HS player doesn't make a lot of sense.

I thought the same thing when I saw that on the MLB draft tracker. I watched some video on him and honestly, it's mediocre. I've seen much much better prospects go undrafted.

2 hours ago, atomic said:

I would say I got a job offering my field so I can't take a grand anymore but I would be glad to sign for 75k.   It would out well both for team and me as they can use the extra money to go over slot on someone else. 

No they can't. It does not work that way. The only money you can save for overslot is from the first ten rounds. Fun theory though. 

3 hours ago, atomic said:

If you had an advisor before the draft you just killed his career.

And you have no personal honor.