Orioles Claim Snelten

weams

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

There goes another 40 spot...

The 40-man is now full.

Beckham, Britton and Ynoa are on the 60 day DL.

At a minimum, there'll be 1 cut when Britton returns.

If there are no trades before then, there will be a number of candidates competing to yield their spot for Britton.

1 minute ago, AZRon said:

The 40-man is now full.

Beckham, Britton and Ynoa are on the 60 day DL.

At a minimum, there'll be 1 cut when Britton returns.

If there are no trades before then, there will be a number of candidates competing to yield their spot for Britton.

Vielma should be on the 60 Day DL and will be soon. Rasmus should of been 60'ed.

Someone will be DFA'ed (maybe Susac as they have a glut of catchers in Frederick and Bowie, in favor of Audrey Perez taking over in Norfolk.)

33 minutes ago, weams said:

I think they will DFA him very soon. Don't you? He made it all through the National League. Maybe have a DFA party someday.

They should, especially with Britton coming back soon.

26 minutes ago, Frobby said:

So we had room on our 40 man?

Yeah, 1 spot. But 2 other spots taken up by people that should be 60 day DL (Vielma) and one that should of been (Rasmus.)

Plus, Susac...

38 minutes ago, weams said:

6'7, 93. Who knows. Maybe a tweak makes him Andrew Miller. 

LOL PLEASE say it's SOOO... Miller was the one guy I wanted so bad I could taste it when he left. ? I know its different now, and possibley not money well spent, Yada Yada, but OMG he just made hitters look like fools while he was here.

I agree that there were only 39 on the 40 roster  and the Snelten will make it 40.  Britton  will not be activation until the 15th according the last report I heard.  Vielma  will probably not go on the  60 day because he is currently on the minor league DL.  If the put him on the  major league 60 day DL they have to pay him.  I don't see the O's doing that.

Chris Lee was bad last year and worse this year.   He probably will pass through waivers if DFA'd.  If he doesn't, no great loss.

45 minutes ago, Frobby said:

So we had room on our 40 man?

I think Rasmus and Beckham and Britton are all on 60 day and we had an open spot when we made our last claim and promptly DFA/outrighted. 

9 hours ago, weams said:

Wind-up is like a left-handed Dick Hall. It'd be nice if he were nearly that good. Hall had extraordinary control and hit well for a pitcher (was a converted OF'er)--even remember him PH'ing once in a long while for the O's.

Archived