Rosenthal reports that the Brewers have offered LaPorta for Sabathia

ChaosLex

Trading Parra in this deal makes no sense...Sub 4 ERA...Good strikeout pitcher..not giving up a lot of homers.

Walks are high but still, how much is gained, in terms of starting pitching, by adding CC and getting rid of arguably second best starter.

I haven't heard Parra anywhere. I don't think he'll be in the deal.

I've heard Taylor Green and Lorenzo Cain as the other names, as well as the Indians trying to get the Brewers to add Alcides Escobar to the deal.

I'm just glad the Brewers got this done without giving up Escobar and Gamel. Losing LaPorta hurts but I think with the 4-5 draft picks the Crew will get next year when Sheets and C.C. leave for FA will help offset it. - Brewers fan

Haudricourt has names. He says the Indians are getting LaPorta, Zach Jackson, Rob Bryson, and maybe Taylor Green. Green could end up in the deal as a player to be named later.

Thoughts?

I played varsity baseball with Bryson at William Penn High School in New Castle, Delaware from 2004-2006. He was drafted in 2006 and he has averaged more than a K an inning for single-A.

I am excited to see him changing hands.

This deal is better for the Indians than I thought. Jackson and Bryson are nothing to snub at. Bryson will probably make the majors as a reliever.

Archived