New MD AD

Satyr3206

12 hours ago, birdwatcher55 said:

Maryland basketball is ranked #10 nationally in revenues generated, according to Forbes. They are filling seats. The product however is mediocre at best. This will be a much tougher call I would say than football, which appears way over its head in the Big Ten. I don't envy the AD's job here.

Maryland Basketball should be a top ten program with all the talent in the MD/DC area. Turgeon needs to go. I think the Football program is making progress, they just need a few more good recruiting classes. And a healthy QB. There is a lot to work with at Maryland. The new AD needs to get everyone focused.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/28/2018 at 7:19 AM, Satyr3206 said:

Maryland Basketball should be a top ten program with all the talent in the MD/DC area. Turgeon needs to go. I think the Football program is making progress, they just need a few more good recruiting classes. And a healthy QB. There is a lot to work with at Maryland. The new AD needs to get everyone focused.

I don't understand how Turgeon is doing so little with what he's got here.  He inherited one of the more stable programs in the country, and I thought he did some really good work coaching the kids at A&M despite the recruiting challenges there.  But he does so little with so much in Maryland, and it boggles the mind.

1 minute ago, Hallas said:

I don't understand how Turgeon is doing so little with what he's got here.  He inherited one of the more stable programs in the country, and I thought he did some really good work coaching the kids at A&M despite the recruiting challenges there.  But he does so little with so much in Maryland, and it boggles the mind.

From the little bit I've seen he isn't a good X and O coach and players don't seem to improve from year to year.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

From the little bit I've seen he isn't a good X and O coach and players don't seem to improve from year to year.

His teams played more disciplined ball at A&M in my opinion.  For the Terps they are all over the place.

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure what to think of this article.  Losing a kid to heatstroke is inexcusable and is going to cost the school a lot of money.

Hopefully the investigation ends soon but it sounds like it might be time to part ways.  The university may get off the hook for the rest of Durkin’s contract though depending on the results.

Archived