All-Stars announced

Goop

Since Ortiz is hurt, does Francona have to start a DH at DH? Could he use Kinsler at DH, thereby allowing him to start, saving the AL All-Stars from his defense, and preventing the Pedroia travesty from keeping the AL extra base hits leader off the All-Star team?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Since Ortiz is hurt, does Francona have to start a DH at DH? Could he use Kinsler at DH, thereby allowing him to start, saving the AL All-Stars from his defense, and preventing the Pedroia travesty from keeping the AL extra base hits leader off the All-Star team?

Apparently Bradley is going to start at DH.

Thus allowing a 3rd 2B, maybe a certain local hearthrob.

But yeah, like Rob said, Bradley will be the guy.

I think it comes down to Huff and Sherrill.

I think it comes down to how badly Terry Francona wants to win this game and who he thinks will give them the most help with that. Brian, Aubrey, or George??

EDINSON!!!! I'm SO excited for Volquez to make the AS team!! :clap3:

Thus allowing a 3rd 2B, maybe a certain local hearthrob.

But yeah, like Rob said, Bradley will be the guy.

Oops, that rat bastard Kinsler has gone one ahead of the local heartthrob. That was who I was talking about. Stupid error-prone, ADD challenged extra base hit machine!

Oops, that rat bastard Kinsler has gone one ahead of the local heartthrob. That was who I was talking about. Stupid error-prone, ADD challenged extra base hit machine!

At least we were on the same wavelength. I'd like to see Roberts make it, but I'm thinking Sherrill will be the O's rep.

NL reserves:

Brian McCann

Aramis Ramirez

Matt Holliday

Dan Uggla

Miguel Tejada

Russell Martin

Nate McLouth

Albert Pujols

Ryan Ludwick

Adrian Gonzalez

Christian Guzman

I can't argue with that list (isn't Uggla on the DL though?!) and I'm very glad Gonzalez and McLouth made it because they're definitely playing All Star calibar baseball with their teams this year.

At least we were on the same wavelength. I'd like to see Roberts make it, but I'm thinking Sherrill will be the O's rep.

I can't imagine why. He's just not that outstanding among closers in anything except number of saves... and he leads the league in blown saves. Roberts is far more outstanding at his position, plus there are no shortstops having All-Star worthy years at all and there usually is a fifth middle infielder of some kind. Also one might very well want someone to replace Kinsler for defense in the late innings.

Archived