All-Stars announced

Goop

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who are the final vote candidates? Of course I don't think Brian can win playing in Baltimore and being one of the Mitchell scapegoats, but he has to at least be in there as the most deserving position player to get snubbed.

Good call on the Mitchell thing, it's just a shame Pedroia got the vote. Would've been so easy for Kinsler to start and Brian to back him up. Clearly they're the two best second basemen in the league.

Who are the final vote candidates? Of course I don't think Brian can win playing in Baltimore and being one of the Mitchell scapegoats, but he has to at least be in there as the most deserving position player to get snubbed.

They haven't announced those players yet but I bet some of the teams with only one representative will get names on the Final Ballot vote. I can't think of any snubs in the AL aside from Brian although I think Tampa Bay may get another player on that ballot.

My bad....the list is up and it REALLY sucks. Brian has no shot at getting that vote. :(

You know Giambi will get the vote. Although I'll do my best to make it not happen.

I'll do my best too but I'm not holding out too much hope for this one. :angryfire:

BTW-Anyone else shocked Francona didn't pick any of his own pitchers? I'm not surprised he picked Varitek (even though he can't hit worth crap this year) but I'm a bit surprised Beckett or Lester weren't picked by their manager.

I'll do my best too but I'm not holding out too much hope for this one. :angryfire:

BTW-Anyone else shocked Francona didn't pick any of his own pitchers? I'm not surprised he picked Varitek (even though he can't hit worth crap this year) but I'm a bit surprised Beckett or Lester weren't picked by their manager.

Doesn't want them to get injured?

Yeah I was surprised at that too.

Archived