Adam Loewen leaves with possible injury?

Baltimore_Bob

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That Matusz pick is looking better and better.

I think, and I hope I'm wrong, that Loewen will need to go the Ankiel route to ever have a shot at contributing at the big league level.

The odds remain far - far - better that Loewen will contribute as a pitcher at the major league level than as a hitter/position player.

To think otherwise is delusional.

We have to admit the fact that Loewen is possibly a flop. How many injuries can a young pitcher endure? How many batters can he walk? He has never pitched at the major league level for any length of time without getting hurt. He has never had any sustained success.

The odds remain far - far - better that Loewen will contribute as a pitcher at the major league level than as a hitter/position player.

To think otherwise is delusional.

I hope you're right. I really do.

Unfortunately, I have a sneaky suspicion that Loewen's pitching days are coming to an end.

We might as well write off Loewen's inclusion in the future plans of this team. Over a year after surgery, with screws in his elbow, and feeling pain when he pitches. Not good.

Yep, I doubt it's no longer premature to label Loewen a "bust."

Yep, I doubt it's no longer premature to label Loewen a "bust."

I wouldn't consider him a bust just yet, but it's going to be awfully hard to pencil him into any future plans knowing that it's very likely that he'll be on the DL at any given time of the season.

Archived