Happy Birthday, Peter Angelos!

Flacco Machado

2 hours ago, eddie83 said:

From what I hear he enjoys starting his birthday off with coffee imported from the Dominican Republic.  

And this year the Angeloses are reviving a family tradition for the big guy's birthday dinner. Everyone else sits down before him, and Pete gets the  . .  last place.

42 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

And this year the Angeloses are reviving a family tradition for the big guy's birthday dinner. Everyone else sits down before him, and Pete gets the  . .  last place.

From what I hear Jon and Louis wanted to switch seats at the table but that trade had to be approved by the big man.

Well, birthdays are merely symbolic of how another year has gone by and
how little we've grown. No matter how desperate we are that someday a better
self will emerge, with each flicker of the candles on the cake, we know it's not
to be, that for the rest of our sad, wretched pathetic lives, this is who we are
to the bitter end. Inevitably, irrevocably; happy birthday? No such thing.

Just kidding! Happy birthday PA!

Pete regales his friends each birthday with his tales of being a Fourth of July baby....spending his early career as a young lawyer arguing with Jefferson in Philadelphia about this clause or that clause in the Declaration.    Happy Birthday, Peter. 

43 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

I don't think he's been a great owner, but I can tell you he has been a great citizen and benefactor to the city of Baltimore. Happy Birthday Peter Angelos.

People here would much rather he be a despicable human being and put a winner on the field every year. They'd be hoisting him in the air in triumph.

1 hour ago, weams said:

Thank you for keeping the Orioles in Baltimore during your lifetime Peter. And Thomas still survives. 

I don't think he had a choice.  The team was under lease during his entire ownership of the team. 

3 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

I don't think he's been a great owner, but I can tell you he has been a great citizen and benefactor to the city of Baltimore. Happy Birthday Peter Angelos.

I like that he is a lifelong Democrat. I don’t like our org is run like our clubhouse in elementary school. Now go spend some $$$ on international talent!

o

Happy birthday, Mr. Angelos.

If nothing else, I have been the beneficiary of some of your generosity.

I got free season tickets for the 2009 season for being "Fan of the Game" on the final weekend of the 2008 season. 

I was also been allowed onto the field during batting practice in a game against the Indians in 2011 for one of the numerous other times in which I was selected as "Fan of the Game." 

vs. INDIANS ))) (JUNE 22nd, 2011)

Patrick in Camden Yards

o

Archived