Will Chris Davis make it to 502 PA?

Aglets

Will the Orioles let Chris Davis reach 'official' legendary status?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Does he get 502 PA before the end of the season?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/12/2018 at 1:44 PM, Frobby said:

How about having mercy on themselves?    It’s torture to watch the guy play.

As of the 93 game mark, Dunn had 328 PA, 20 ahead of what Davis has now.    He sat more and more as the season progressed.    In his final 19 games, he hit a whopping .102, so it was pretty easy to keep him on the bench.    

Davis has been a little less atrocious than usual the last 2-3 weeks, so my guess is they won’t bench him regularly for a while now, but he’ll still sit out some games.  

I think he's actually gotten progressively hotter the past few weeks. The past seven days have been darned impressive. He's got an .803 OPS in 31 plate appearances. Imagine... imagine if he starts crushing it again. And we wound up trading him in the middle of an .800-plus OPS season with a couple years left on his contract, for an actual prospect or two. You never know! (I took my Pollyanna pills tonight.)

9 minutes ago, Bradysburns said:

I think he's actually gotten progressively hotter the past few weeks. The past seven days have been darned impressive. He's got an .803 OPS in 31 plate appearances. Imagine... imagine if he starts crushing it again. And we wound up trading him in the middle of an .800-plus OPS season with a couple years left on his contract, for an actual prospect or two. You never know! (I took my Pollyanna pills tonight.)

Please share your happy pills with the rest of us.  ?

25 minutes ago, Bradysburns said:

I wouldn't go that far but he has a .702 OPS in the second half.  A vast improvement over the historically bad performance we were seeing previously.  I still think he is done as a useful major league player, but there has been some progress.

1 hour ago, Big Mac said:

I wouldn't go that far but he has a .702 OPS in the second half.  A vast improvement over the historically bad performance we were seeing previously.  I still think he is done as a useful major league player, but there has been some progress.

CD;s second half pace over a full season would produce 35 HR 99 RBI 256 K;s and 54 BB's.

7 hours ago, El Gordo said:

CD;s second half pace over a full season would produce 35 HR 99 RBI 256 K;s and 54 BB's.

That's kind of amazing. That's a LOT of K's, though. Wow. But if you look back over his career numbers, he has actually had similar seasons... then bounced back with big seasons. No idea if it can happen again, but fingers crossed. The real question is WHY? Why did CD go so hopelessly off the rails? Does anybody really know? 

13 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Davis heating up to .173. It is actually conceivable that he could make both 502 PA's and get above the record low of .179. This is going to be an exciting September stretch!

The thing about a low BA is it doesn’t take much to raise it by several points.   Let’s say Davis has 100 at bats remaining.    All he’d need is a .210 BA in that time (21 hits) to get his BA over .180.   Not exactly insurmountable.   For his sake, I hope he does it.

13 minutes ago, Frobby said:

The thing about a low BA is it doesn’t take much to raise it by several points.   Let’s say Davis has 100 at bats remaining.    All he’d need is a .210 BA in that time (21 hits) to get his BA over .180.   Not exactly insurmountable.   For his sake, I hope he does it.

I never thought I'd be so excited rooting for someone to break 0.180.  What a weird season.

Archived