Will Chris Davis make it to 502 PA?

Aglets

Will the Orioles let Chris Davis reach 'official' legendary status?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Does he get 502 PA before the end of the season?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Because a bunting Davis is every bit as bad as what we have now.

Even with the shift I don't think he can hit .300 on bunt attempts and if he can?  Well you have a super slow Davis on first base three times out of ten. 

Unless your plan is for him to break some fingers and end up on the DL I don't see it.

I didn't say I thought it would work, but we *know* the status quo isn't working. I can see the hesitance to experiment in real games but they should be trying everything under the sun while they have the chance.

6 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

I didn't say I thought it would work, but we *know* the status quo isn't working. I can see the hesitance to experiment in real games but they should be trying everything under the sun while they have the chance.

But even if it works it's still worse.

You don't think he can hit .350 on bunts right?

8 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

But even if it works it's still worse.

You don't think he can hit .350 on bunts right?

If he actually got good at it, against an extreme shift anyone should be able to hit more than .170. If they stop shifting, then you go back to hitting straight up. I do think he could do .250-.300 if he actually practiced it.

2 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

If he actually got good at it, against an extreme shift anyone should be able to hit more than .170. If they stop shifting, then you go back to hitting straight up. I do think he could do .250-.300 if he actually practiced it.

But 250/250/250 is still only a 500 OPS. 

At least the 170 includes some extra base hits.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

But 250/250/250 is still only a 500 OPS

At least the 170 includes some extra base hits.

That is better than .170 with extra base hits.  Still laughing how you down voted my comment. You are a silly personj.  

8 minutes ago, atomic said:

That is better than .170 with extra base hits.  Still laughing how you down voted my comment. You are a silly personj.  

You were being insulting.

Anyway, lets compare a 250 bunting Davis to the current BBRef statline Davis.

The all bunt Davis team scores 1.607 runs a game.

The normal Davis team scores 2.003 runs a game.

If he could somehow bunt .300 he would score 2.980 runs a game.  I don't think that is even a remote possibility.

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

You were being insulting.

Anyway, lets compare a 250 bunting Davis to the current BBRef statline Davis.

The all bunt Davis team scores 1.607 runs a game.

The normal Davis team scores 2.003 runs a game.

If he could somehow bunt .300 he would score 2.980 runs a game.  I don't think that is even a remote possibility.

I was not being insulting. I was joking around.  But you are such a silly little know it all you think it is an insult.  The down vote just shows what a little man you are.  

And your stats are meaningless. A .250 average with all bunts would be superior over Davis season this year.  

Just now, atomic said:

I was not being insulting. I was joking around.  But you are such a silly little know it all you think it is an insult.  The down vote just shows what a little man you are.  

And your stats are meaningless. A .250 average with all bunts would be superior over Davis season this year.  

You lack a fundamental understanding of the game. 

The extra base hits more than make up for the four points in OBP.

35 minutes ago, WI O’s Fan said:

It is incomprehensible that the Orioles allow him to play.  He has clearly lost it mentally.  Perhaps the rumors about the “meds” were true? Ever since he signed the contract,  he is a completely different player.  He should acknowledge his inabilities and retire.   #davislostit

Welcome. 

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

You lack a fundamental understanding of the game. 

The extra base hits more than make up for the four points in OBP.

No you lack a fundamental understanding of the game.  All you can quote is some baseball reference.  Think for yourself for ac change.  

38 minutes ago, WI O’s Fan said:

It is incomprehensible that the Orioles allow him to play.  He has clearly lost it mentally.  Perhaps the rumors about the “meds” were true? Ever since he signed the contract,  he is a completely different player.  He should acknowledge his inabilities and retire.   #davislostit

He hit  .196 before he signed the contract.  He is the same player.  They play the shift on him exclusively now add in aging and this is what should have been expected. 

Archived