Will Chris Davis make it to 502 PA?

Aglets

Will the Orioles let Chris Davis reach 'official' legendary status?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Does he get 502 PA before the end of the season?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, Aristotelian said:

I didn't say I thought it would work, but we *know* the status quo isn't working. I can see the hesitance to experiment in real games but they should be trying everything under the sun while they have the chance.

I think the team has tried to fix Davis.  He is just broken at this point.  What isn’t excusable is Davis is still getting playing time.

Let the prospects get an opportunity even if they are suspects.  Davis at designated hitter?  More like designated out.  

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I think the team has tried to fix Davis.  He is just broken at this point.  What isn’t excusable is Davis is still getting playing time.

Let the prospects get an opportunity even if they are suspects.  Davis at designated hitter?  More like designated out.  

Letting the pitcher hit would be better.  

1 hour ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Letting the pitcher hit would be better.  

So I just looked up the hitting stats for the 10 pitchers with the most WAR in the National league.  Figuring they would all have a decent amount of at bats. 4 of the 10 pitchers have a higher OPS than Chris Davis. 

6 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

He gets paid either way. He might not care.

6 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

A few months ago around the series in Atlanta, he made a change for either 1 game or 1 at bat after Palmer criticized him on TV, then dropped it. This was also around the time the "Coolbaugh" story broke.

He might just not care.

I think he cares.  Why would anyone want to be known for the worst season of all time?  My guess is he's given up, totally frustrated with himself.

10 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

Maybe the new hitting coach will help him get a little better.

Maybe he'll never see the new hitting coach.

I'm still holding out hope we rip the bandaid off on October 1 and cut him.   I really HOPE that playing him nearly every day this year has been to determine once and for all if there was any way he could turn it around.   And the answer is clear so they just do the inevitable.   It's sunk cost.

1 hour ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Would anyone even be opposed to Garabez Rosa, Little Yaz, Drew Dosch, or any other "career minor leaguer" getting a chance to play instead of Davis? I mean, they couldn't do any worse...

Just watching DJ Stewart hit, it is clear that he is better than Davis right now.

Archived