Indians and Orioles discussing Givens

ISU94

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

As usual, the Orioles are being short sighted.  What else is new?

Should play hardball with him. No reason to act like we're rushing to get him out. He's young, good, and has control. 

Should only move him for a really good deal. Sounds like that is exactly what Roch is stating. Deservedly so.

5 minutes ago, ISU94 said:

Should play hardball with him. No reason to act like we're rushing to get him out. He's young, good, and has control. 

Should only move him for a really good deal. Sounds like that is exactly what Roch is stating. Deservedly so.

Sure, but I don't think they should be extremely reluctant.  The Indians have some good prospects.  If Bieber/Jones/Meija are available, the Orioles should not hesitate to move Givens just because he's controlled for a few more years.

Just now, Yardball85 said:

Sure, but I don't think they should be extremely reluctant.  The Indians have some good prospects.  If Bieber/Jones/Meija are available, the Orioles should not hesitate to move Givens just because he's controlled for a few more years.

Of course, but what makes you think they're parting with a starter that has pitched great at the MLB level or a top 10 prospect in baseball in Mejia for Mychal Givens who holds a mid 4 era due to a horrific defense behind him? Because I sure don't get that feeling.

3 minutes ago, ISU94 said:

Of course, but what makes you think they're parting with a starter that has pitched great at the MLB level or a top 10 prospect in baseball in Mejia for Mychal Givens who holds a mid 4 era due to a horrific defense behind him? Because I sure don't get that feeling.

If you package him with Jones, i think it's reasonable to ask for one of them plus some lower level guys.  Their bullpen is AWFUL.

Just now, Yardball85 said:

If you package him with Jones, i think it's reasonable to ask for one of them plus some lower level guys.  Their bullpen is AWFUL.

Jones has 1 hr and 7 RBIs since early June if I recall from a different thread. The guy also has a decent amount of $ on his deal. I really don't think your getting one of those guys +. MAYBE Nolan Jones, but that isn't a lock imo either.

Either way, I don't see the need to go up in arms over us having a high value on a controlled arm and not willing to move him for anything we come across. He has control, if the offer isnt what we value him as don't deal him. There's no rush even though I'd prefer to see everyone moved for prospects or more controlled guys.

6 minutes ago, ISU94 said:

Jones has 1 hr and 7 RBIs since early June if I recall from a different thread. The guy also has a decent amount of $ on his deal. I really don't think your getting one of those guys +. MAYBE Nolan Jones, but that isn't a lock imo either.

Either way, I don't see the need to go up in arms over us having a high value on a controlled arm and not willing to move him for anything we come across. He has control, if the offer isnt what we value him as don't deal him. There's no rush even though I'd prefer to see everyone moved for prospects or more controlled guys.

Fair enough.  You may very well be right.  We'll see what happens.

2 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

My expectation would be that the Indians, in a Jones + Givens package, would still not offer Bieber, Mejia, or N. Jones.  FWIW I'd guess more along the lines of Aaron Civale + Luis Oviedo. 

Archived