Indians and Orioles discussing Givens

ISU94

2 hours ago, wildcard said:

I agree with Roch.  I don't see the O's trading Givens unless they are blown away by an offer.   It would take a whole lot to get him.  More than any other team is going to pay.

This is where I stand now.  Will trade Givens for an overpay otherwise he remains an Oriole.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

Would Civale, Hentges, Capel be too much for Adams and Givens? Not enough? Add Ice

I’d take those three in a heartbeat. Depending on how you assess Hentges, you could probably get a better headliner for Givens, but the depth of that deal is really solid, all are strong pieces.

37 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

I’d take those three in a heartbeat. Depending on how you assess Hentges, you could probably get a better headliner for Givens, but the depth of that deal is really solid, all are strong pieces.

Luke ....I have been accused of wanting what many thought was too much for our departing players. I understand the rumors about the Orioles wanting Sixto, Burnes, May etc. I understand the Orioles approach and the rotation is farm from a complete project.

Ive advocated for packages with Verdrugo, Hiura, and in this case Capel. High OBP, good average, and low to reasonably low Ks, and speed. The new Oriole way needs to be one where we can manufacture runs without relying on homers. Create pressure with speed on the bases and by being tougher outs.

That's why I think we need a headliner in anydeal that meets that description Verdugo, Hiura, Haseley. The secondary nonpitchers should be selected with that in mind.

Just my two cents.

Archived