Renato Nunez the likely Machado replacement

ISU94

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, wildcard said:

Nunez did not make the play he should have to end the game.  He is his defensive reputation

If Beckham doesn't rush and fields the ball cleanly he nails Martin at the plate by a mile. Tough play for Nunez.

So fitting the way the "other Orioles" stepped up to fill Manny's shoes at the plate... then a routine* grounder splits the wickets of our now inept left side of the infield.

* routine for MM

12 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Of all the things that aren’t fun about being in the worst team in baseball, trotting out a lineup of underachieving players that won’t be here in the future isn’t one of them.

It isn’t?    I’d say that’s the painful part that people forget when romanticizing about sucking for several years in the hopes of being good later.    

13 minutes ago, Dipper9 said:

Nunez looked okay last night. I hope Buck gives him time and doesn’t yo-yo him in and out every other day.

Sure. Park him there at 3B at least 5 games a week and let’s see about him. Play Valencia wherever else until you can offload him for literally anything before the deadline. There’s a small chance Nunez is a thing, and it’s possible a couple other teams may have given up on him too soon. With where we are right now, let’s ensure we don’t join that list.

5 hours ago, El Gordo said:

If Beckham doesn't rush and fields the ball cleanly he nails Martin at the plate by a mile. Tough play for Nunez.

Nunez deflected the ball.  I don't know how that one is Beckham fault when the ball changed directions from Nunez touching it.   Do or die for Nunez.  He died.

5 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Nunez deflected the ball.  I don't know how that one is Beckham fault when the ball changed directions from Nunez touching it.   Do or die for Nunez.  He died.

The ball went right under Beckham glove after the deflection. It may have changed direction but it still went directly under him, not off to either side. 

43 minutes ago, Dipper9 said:

The ball went right under Beckham glove after the deflection. It may have changed direction but it still went directly under him, not off to either side. 

Beckham was moving toward the foul line.  The ball was deflected enough to make the play more difficult.   He may also have been screened by Nunez.   I don't know if he lost sight of the ball for an instant.

The second view in this video shows it the best.

https://www.mlb.com/bluejays/video/diazs-walk-off-hit-in-the-10th/c-2289219883

12 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Beckman was moving toward the foul line.  The ball was deflected enough to make the play more difficult.   He may also have been screened by Nunez.   I don't know if he lost sight of the ball for an instant.

The second view in this video shows it the best.

https://www.mlb.com/bluejays/video/diazs-walk-off-hit-in-the-10th/c-2289219883

I agree.   Much more on Diaz than Beckham.   (You keep calling him Beckman.)

Archived