Schoop, Gausman, and Bundy Trade Expectations

ISU94

19 hours ago, FlipTheBird said:

All are in the discussion, sure. But none have to be traded this minute. Particularly Gausman and Bundy, who have multiple years of control left. Find the right deal, even if it means moving them in the offseason or next year.

Pretty much where I'm at.  The key deals to focus on for this week are Britton, Jones, Brach, and (fingers crossed) Trumbo if he can manage to hit a few more dingers between now and the 31st.  Even if they have to eat some salary, if they can move him, they need to.  Every dollar saved and the roster flexibility his trade would bring is worth it.  Then you can put Mancini where he belongs, at 1B/DH.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Flacco Machado said:

Gausman/Bundy and Britton for a deal involving Brendan Rodgers, as the centerpiece, would be glorious!

Could we get them to take Trumbo, too, while we eat some of his salary? They might be the only contender with a possible fit (though Desmond has been better lately).

Brach is killing them with his performance.  He is clearly a guy who struggles when the pressure is on, be it pitching the 9th inning, or pitching with the uncertainty of an impending trade.  I doubt they could slip him through waivers in August though, so I'd make any deal then can.  It's not like he's getting a QO that will net a draft pick, so anything is better than nothing.

2 minutes ago, Greg said:

Not even close buddy. 

The Indians just traded their best prospect for a relief pitcher. He was ranked as the 15th best overall prospect going into the season. And somehow you don't think The Rockies top prospects would be in play for a starting pitcher who consistently throws in the high 90s who's under team control for two more years? I think you're the one who needs the reality check, buddy. 

2 minutes ago, jamalshw said:

Could we get them to take Trumbo, too, while we eat some of his salary? They might be the only contender with a possible fit (though Desmond has been better lately).

We need to eat every dollar of his salary if it increases the return.  It's not like we have any use for the money anytime soon.  We are a few years away from contending, and shouldn't be signing any free agents to more than 1 year contracts during this rebuild.  Put the money into buying prospects. 

Just now, wildbillhiccup said:

No one is taking Trumbo. NO ONE. 

Yep.  Even if we do eat every dollar of his salary, he's basically a zero WAR player.  There's nothing we can do to create value on the contract that would justify a team giving up prospects for him. 

Just now, Reboulet'sStache said:

Yep.  Even if we do eat every dollar of his salary, he's basically a zero WAR player.  There's nothing we can do to create value on the contract that would justify a team giving up prospects for him. 

Well the return is unloading him. If by some chance they moved Trumbo, I don't know if anyone would expect to get anything useful back.

4 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

The Indians just traded their best prospect for a relief pitcher. He was ranked as the 15th best overall prospect going into the season. And somehow you don't think The Rockies top prospects would be in play for a starting pitcher who consistently throws in the high 90s who's under team control for two more years? I think you're the one who needs the reality check, buddy. 

Exactly. Orioles might not be able to actually pry Rodgers away for Gausman, but it's a very legitimate place to start the talks.

4 minutes ago, Reboulet'sStache said:

And he's even more worthless to a national league team (if that's even possible). 

1 minute ago, FlipTheBird said:

Well the return is unloading him. If by some chance they moved Trumbo, I don't know if anyone would expect to get anything useful back.

That's fine, but we'd still have to basically eat his entire salary for him to be worthy of a trade for nothing.  He's a replacement player.  There's no value on his contract.  It's just throwing money in a pit and burning it.  The only reason another team takes him is if we sent them the money along with the pit. 

1 minute ago, Reboulet'sStache said:

That's fine, but we'd still have to basically eat his entire salary for him to be worthy of a trade for nothing.  He's a replacement player.  There's no value on his contract.  It's just throwing money in a pit and burning it.  The only reason another team takes him is if we sent them the money along with the pit. 

Fine by me. We can't afford to throw the Davis money in the pit yet, too many years. Losing Trumbo just for roster flexibility is a good start.

Archived