Alright...Bynum...

Moose Milligan

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Unless I missed something, the ball caromed out into short RCF, Just where do you expect Bynum to be on that play? Even if he's right behind the bag (10 feet or whatever) he still has to run into the OF to retrieve that ball. Heck, for a second I thought the runner might have a chance to score. I'll have to take another look but I don't see how you can blame Bynum for that one. You seem to hate Bynum as much as you love BRob. lol

I also bashed BRob earlier tonight in the game thread for not backing up 2B on the Rolen steal when Ramon was saved an error by Fahey's acrobatic grab. Like I said, I don't necessarily think Bynum would have been able to prevent the error, but he barely moved to back up the base at all and that bugs me.

Have you ever taken grounders on a basketball court? I thought I was a pretty decent fielder until this season when we took infield. Bounces are insane, the ball comes a lot faster, its hard to keep your glove down. Now, turf is obviously not as extremely bad as hardcourt, but its gotta be pretty tough.

Nope, I never played baseball on a basketball court.

Sounds like a crazy thing to do, if you ask me.

Fake grass is quick, but I can't imagine that it's like playing baseball on a basketball court.

But maybe that's just because I can't imagine playing baseball on a basketball court ;-)

Fake grass is quick, but I can't imagine that it's like playing baseball on a basketball court.

But maybe that's just because I can't imagine playing baseball on a basketball court ;-)

Yes, crazy indeed. JV baseball was a joke. My coach didn't know what double play depth was. It was a horrible season with terrible coaching and terrible play. We had a ton of indoor practices cus either it was raining or Varsity needed the field. I really hope I make Varsity this year, especially cus it's gonna be scouted heavily, our ace is absolutely filthy :D.

The definition of a masochist in a few words is.........someone who enjoys being abused. Is it DT, AM or both of them? We let a AA shortstop go a couple of weeks ago and brought him back. We couldn't stand it.....we couldn't stand it. We had to bring him back. He has helped us lose two games in a row and others earlier.

As I said on a another thread yesterday we have blown 4 and now 5 games in less than 10 days. Do you think it's demoralizing? We have also lost 13 Sunday games in a row. If......I know if.......we had won 6 of those 13 Sunday games which is less than .500 baseball (two against the league leading Rays). We have seen these games and know we could have won half of the Sunday games and easily won 4 or 5 games in the last 10 days. We would be 54-34 and 1/2 game behind the Rays chasing first place.

It's time for DT and AM to make some moves. The fans have been enjoying the season until the past week and we have slipped to 10.5 games out of first. It's time AM to start dealing. Don't wait to the last day of July unless it's for the big one! You can make the smaller deals anytime between now and the 31st of the month.

Our AA shortstop likes playing baseball and he can be happy in Bowie if they have an opening or just release him. This is not little league and tickets are not cheap. Please don't embarass the team and city any longer.

Poor fielding is taking its inevitable toll. Although I would like good defensive play at all positions, including 3rd and LF, it is essential, as we all know, to have excellent fielding up the middle. Jones and Roberts are excellent, but the O's shortstop play only rises to adequate with Fahey and Hernandez's catching is often very poor.

Fortunately, Wieters is in the pipeline and, with a little luck, he should solve the catching problem. I hope MacPhail finds a great, and not merely adequate, defensive shortstop before next season.

Poor fielding is taking its inevitable toll.

I never thought I'd say this, but Dempsey made a great point tonight when he said that poor defense makes the pitcher work so much harder. I highly doubt that anyone has a stat for this, but it's gotta be a drag on a pitching staff when routine, or even moderately hard plays are botched, thus extending an inning.

I would guess virtually every high school team, and most college teams in this state practice in their gyms in late February or early March. There's no other option for them.

Yeah, kinda entertaining to watch if you're detached. I kinda feel like Carlin. :D

Sadly- I am always fearful of that detached feeling coming on. As much fun as this year has been- the thought has crossed my mind to back off a bit from watching games as it really slows me down when things start going this route.

Back to back games where Bynum has cost us big time- I mean seriously- Its obvious he is feeling the pressure in a major way. But he's getting another chance- and i thought it was supposed to be- like a life after death deal- where there should be NO pressure. If he cant make simple plays given a second chance- when all we really need him to do is run bases correctly and field his position- he does need to go- and in a hurry!

I tried to tell everyone here that if Bynum continued to try to impersonate a major league shortstop he would eventually make both Fahey and LH see like gold glovers but nobody wanted to listen!

So here it goes --- I told you so!!!

Archived