Bedard to DL

tywright

At this point I really feel sorry for the Mariners. It's not like Bedard has only had one type of physical problem this year. It's been a whole series of things and some of them cause legitimate concern about his long-term health.

At this point I really feel sorry for the Mariners. It's not like Bedard has only had one type of physical problem this year. It's been a whole series of things and some of them cause legitimate concern about his long-term health.

Yea. I wonder if we could trade for Bedard. I think he would actually like coming back.

I wish Bedard was still pitching like he did last year. I certainly don't want us to rip off a team like this, but it sure looks like this deal is heavy in our favor right now.

Even though I feel bad for Bedard and the Mariners, I must admit its nice to be on the good side of a deal! :clap3:

I've gotta say... on the day that Bedard goes on the DL (again), and Carlos Zambrano fires a 1-hitter over 8 IP in his last start before being the NL starter in the ASG (according to AP), it's taking every bit of my self-restraint not to bump some year-old threads in which my suggestion that Zambrano>Bedard was met with much derision and accusations of homerism.

I've gotta say... on the day that Bedard goes on the DL (again), and Carlos Zambrano fires a 1-hitter over 8 IP in his last start before being the NL starter in the ASG (according to AP), it's taking every bit of my self-restraint not to bump some year-old threads in which my suggestion that Zambrano>Bedard was met with much derision and accusations of homerism.

So instead you'll limit yourself to one measly self-congratulatory post? LOL!

I sided with you on this one, as I recall, mostly based on Z's track record for consistency and durability. But I'd still say that Bedard, when healthy and at his best (which isn't enough of the time), is tougher over 7 innings than Z. You've been proven dead right about the health risks Bedard posed but I think you underplay how good a pitcher he is when he's right.

Z's having a great year, no question about it. A lot of things have gone well for your Cubbies and I hope it continues, even if it does mean you'll be insufferable. The Cubs fans deserve it.

Interesting question: Would the O's have used a DH on days that Zambrano pitched had we made that trade?

I wish Bedard was still pitching like he did last year. I certainly don't want us to rip off a team like this, but it sure looks like this deal is heavy in our favor right now.

Even though I feel bad for Bedard and the Mariners, I must admit its nice to be on the good side of a deal! :clap3:

Well said!

Bedard having injury problems does not make Zambrano>Bedard.

That's like saying Griffey Jr sucks because he had injury problems, though yes Griffey did a lot before the injuries.

Bedard having injury problems does not make Zambrano>Bedard.

That's like saying Griffey Jr sucks because he had injury problems, though yes Griffey did a lot before the injuries.

You absolutely have to factor in a player's durability/susceptibility to injury in determining which one is more valuable. That's exactly the reason Zambrano>Bedard.

Thanks for the restraint. I'll do the same. I won't pull up the post from last June 28, when you said you wouldn't trade Felix Pie straight up for Erik Bedard.

And I won't say that this is one of the best comeback zingers in the history of OH!

Would you then bump up your own posts about Rich Hill being as good or better than Bedard? Or, some of your posts about Matt Murton being as good or better than Nick Markakis? ;)

Archived