Bedard to DL

tywright

Hope the Cards get derperate and involve Rasmus in a trade for Bedard. It's unlikely, but not impossible I suppose. Depends on just how desperate they are.

Just want Bedard gone. He doesn't like it here, the media doesn't like him, large group of fans don't like him, he's on the DL everytime I turn my head.....Just isn't a good fit.

Hope the Cards get derperate and involve Rasmus in a trade for Bedard. It's unlikely, but not impossible I suppose. Depends on just how desperate they are.

Just want Bedard gone. He doesn't like it here, the media doesn't like him, large group of fans don't like him, he's on the DL everytime I turn my head.....Just isn't a good fit.

The timing's not good at all for this current DL trip, that's for sure.

There are also rumblings in Houston about Tejada's less than stellar play of late.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/justice/5873657.html (by Richard Justice)

The most relevant part:

Six weeks ago, Tejada looked like Wade's best acquisition. He was productive and energetic on the field and a delight in the clubhouse. Lance Berkman was among several players effusive in his praise of his new teammate.

Snapshot evaluations during a marathon of a season can be wildly inaccurate. Tejada is hitting .220 in the last 40 games and has declined defensively as well. Maybe this is nothing more than an extended slump. Maybe he'll snap out of it and become the player he was at the beginning of the season.

But he looks like a shadow of the guy he once was.

Thanks for the restraint. I'll do the same. I won't pull up the post from last June 28, when you said you wouldn't trade Felix Pie straight up for Erik Bedard.

Felix Pie is 23 and, while his numbers don't look all that impressive this year, he still has plenty of time to develop.

Bedard is pushing 30 and, for all his talent, has yet to have one full healthy season. Not only are the Mariners completely embarassed about trading for him, they're already looking to unload him.

Not sure how that comment is too far off. While it's a comment I may not have agreed w/ at the time, would you seriously give up a player w/ simimlar tools for Bedard right now? Someone like Adam Jones?

I've gotta say... on the day that Bedard goes on the DL (again), and Carlos Zambrano fires a 1-hitter over 8 IP in his last start before being the NL starter in the ASG (according to AP), it's taking every bit of my self-restraint not to bump some year-old threads in which my suggestion that Zambrano>Bedard was met with much derision and accusations of homerism.

And how about your Hill='s Bedard being countered back?

Archived