O's @ Jays 7/9/2008

itsernst

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sliding in to first is overrated

I fixed that for you.

However, in a few situations, its also over rated at home since you can over run home as well. Huff made a pretty smart play, keeping all of his momentum in his run, and he even did this nice little evasion step move to avoid the tag.

Watching the game on MLB.tv... the Blue Jays guys were pretty fair about it...

"Wow... unless we're not seeing something, that's a terrible call. I mean, we'll take it... but that's a blown call."

Wow that was a tremendously bad call. That ump could have just cost us the game. I mean that was plain as day that he was safe. Its idiot umpires like this that make instant replay a necessity. Replay for home runs and plays at the plate. Nothing else.
I agree. Umpiring has gotten much worse over the past few years, and at all levels, not just MLB.

Yes, of course in that instance there were; however, there have been several other questionable calls recently at which he hasn't batted an eye.

Early in the season they showed that he tends to argue between innings more than during, unless the player is getting in to it with the ump...then he'll go protect the player if he can.

Archived