Bruce Cunningham talks about the Orioles for 15 minutes

paulcoates

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, atomic said:

I think people are just bitter about their own lives and are angry Jones is doing well in Baltimore.  He has his in-laws here and bought a new house and his charity is part of his job he believes. Helping the community that he is paid by.  I don't understand why people care what he is doing.

To me the quotes like yours should be reserved for people who are doing bad things in the community like drinking and driving or spousal abuse.  Maybe look internally to why you guys make such comments.  Jones is embarrassed about the return?  He said it was his decision long before any of the trade details came out.  

I lost a lot of respect for people in their comments  about Jones.  And you used your example about your military experience. Well guess what my dad served twice in Vietnam for a year and we were moved all around during that time and it had a bad effect on my family when i was a child.  It isn't good for small children to move constantly or for their parents to away a year at a time. 

If he wants to spend time with his family and on his charity that is a good thing.  It isn't effecting his performance. 

Oh give me a break.  Bitter about their own lives because people have an opinion that you don't agree with?  Get over yourself.

42 minutes ago, esmd said:

Oh give me a break.  Bitter about their own lives because people have an opinion that you don't agree with?  Get over yourself.

I don't bother with him when he acts like this. His act is tiresome.

17 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I don't bother with him when he acts like this. His act is tiresome.

Tony,

Do you know anything about AJ's charity work? I've tried various search engines and all I can find is a few vague articles the most recent of which is from March 2017.

I'm curious as to what is so time consuming that he would cite as a reason for not taking a 2 month job in Philadelphia?

3 hours ago, Ohfan67 said:

I hate to go down the rabbit hole, but I hope his dinner with John Angelos wasn't Jones lobbying for regular playing time as the starting CF the rest of the year. :(

I think Buck will guarantee that. I think Jones was lobbying for next year and beyond.

5 hours ago, webbrick2010 said:

Tony,

Do you know anything about AJ's charity work? I've tried various search engines and all I can find is a few vague articles the most recent of which is from March 2017.

I'm curious as to what is so time consuming that he would cite as a reason for not taking a 2 month job in Philadelphia?

I don't, but I think Jones himself made it clear his real reason was he didn't want to be a part-time player on a contender. The charity thing was all a smokescreen.

6 hours ago, webbrick2010 said:

Tony,

https://www.google.com/amp/www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bs-sp-orioles-jones-tailgate-20171128-story,amp.html

3 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

I don't, but I think Jones himself made it clear his real reason was he didn't want to be a part-time player on a contender. The charity thing was all a smokescreen.

The O's are probably the only team that wants him as a full time starter now.

14 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

I’m not sure he was even quoted anywhere about his charity work being a reason to veto the trade.   Just some indirect speculation that this was the reason.   For the record, Jones does a ton of charity work, especially with the Boys & Girls Club, but also other organizations.

I find it interesting that Adam pretty much cut off discussion of his reasons when he was asked by the local beat reporters, but then went into detail on it with CC Sabathia.

39 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’m not sure he was even quoted anywhere about his charity work being a reason to veto the trade.   Just some indirect speculation that this was the reason.   For the record, Jones does a ton of charity work, especially with the Boys & Girls Club, but also other organizations.

I find it interesting that Adam pretty much cut off discussion of his reasons when he was asked by the local beat reporters, but then went into detail on it with CC Sabathia.

Yep, very well could have been. I'm not even sure where that came from honestly but I know I've heard it a few times as a supposed reason and that's why I was like, "No way!"

Jones has always been a bit mercurial during interviews. He can accommodating, but he's definitely not what i would call friendly to reporters so it's not surprising that he would go into more detail with a player.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

He had said before the trade deadline that "Who would take over his charity work over if he left". 

Also someone from one of the charities he is on the board with (

Baseball Assistance Team is a charitable organization that assists members of the baseball family in need of financial, medical or psychological assistance)

Wished him a happy birthday a couple of days ago and said it was pleasure seeing him the day before.  I wonder why people are trying to discount his charity work on here?   

50 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Yep, very well could have been. I'm not even sure where that came from honestly but I know I've heard it a few times as a supposed reason and that's why I was like, "No way!"

Jones has always been a bit mercurial during interviews. He can accommodating, but he's definitely not what i would call friendly to reporters so it's not surprising that he would go into more detail with a player.

Really I am not sure why you are so negative towards Jones.   He does seem concerned about helping multiple charities and won an award baseball wide for it. 

He was the 2015  Marvin Miller Man of the Year and has won the Roberto Clemente award in the past for his community work. 

For the way you are talking about him I would assume you were speaking about someone like Sidney Ponson. 

11 minutes ago, atomic said:

Really I am not sure why you are so negative towards Jones.   He does seem concerned about helping multiple charities and won an award baseball wide for it. 

He was the 2015  Marvin Miller Man of the Year and has won the Roberto Clemente award in the past for his community work. 

For the way you are talking about him I would assume you were speaking about someone like Sidney Ponson. 

The funniest part is your absolute love of Adam Jones but your absolute disdain for everything else Orioles. lol

I'm not negative towards Jones. I'm pointing out things I've seen from the guy. I don't dislike Jones and appreciate his longevity as an Oriole and believe he's an Orioles HoFamer.

Saying that, nothing I've said is untrue. 

Archived