O's at Sox 7/11

Mackus

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Single and Mora's out trying to advance to 2nd.

What exactly happened for those following on Gameday?

Throw went to the plate, Huff and Mora try to advance, throw gets cutoff and they nail Mora at 2nd?

Wasn't even cut off really. They threw straight to second and for some reason Mora thought it'd be a good idea to try for a double on a line shot off the Monster.

Wasn't even cut off really. They threw straight to second and for some reason Mora thought it'd be a good idea to try for a double on a line shot off the Monster.

To expand on that, Hunter and Palmer think that Mora was assuming that Manny would throw to third, and he didn't.

Not exactly. They threw to the SS who was closer to 3B and he threw immediately to 2B. Looked to me like they were juking Mora to try for 2B. That's why Manny was smiling after the play IMO.

Not exactly. They threw to the SS who was closer to 3B and he threw immediately to 2B. Looked to me like they were juking Mora to try for 2B. That's why Manny was smiling after the play IMO.

Oh right. Brain fart.

However, Manny smiles after every play. I think he was grinning like an idiot after that David Newhan inside the parker a few years back that was ENTIRELY his fault for inexplicably cutting the ball off.

Archived