Minor League Depth 2019

terpoh

Theres no way to really know how this will play out, but its fun to try to fit it all together- especially with the new guys. 

These are my early predictions on where some of our guys will start the 2019 season:

Baltimore:

Valera SS or Utility, Sisco, Mullins, Rogers, Ramirez, Carroll, Phillips

Norfolk:

OF - Stewart (could be MLB), Diaz, Hays

3B - Mountcastle

C - Cervenka

SP - Kremer, Tate, Ortiz, Zimmerman, Akin

RP - Pop

Bowie:

OF McKenna, Vic2or?, Santander

3B/2B - Bannon

1B - Palmeiro

C - Cumberland

SP - Lowther, Harvey, Baumann, Hall/Sedlock, Wells

Frederick:

OF - Jarrett

3B - Encarnacion

SS - Grenier/Hall/Carmona?? these three will be at delmarva/frederick in some role. 

SP - Dietz, Hanifee, Sedlock/Hall, Bonilla, Bishop

Would love to hear feedback and thoughts. 

Most of what you propose is plausible with a few exceptions. 

I don't see Hall skipping Bowie.  He will be in Frederick.  When is the last time we skipped a starting pitching prospect a level?  Especially one so young.  Sedlock is also probably destined for Frederick since he still hasn't pitched well at that level.  

I don't think any of the three SS you mentioned will start in Frederick.  Certainly not Adam Hall and Carmona.  Grenier isn't likely to skip Delmarva after performing so poorly there this year.  Those three will likely be rotating among the three IF positions and DH in Delmarva.  

I think Hays has a great chance of starting the season in Baltimore, but only if he finishes strong in Bowie and only if we don't resign Adam Jones. 

8 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Out of the guys you have pegged for Baltimore, Mullins is the only one I agree with.  Valera has a chance but if Jace Peterson and Steve Wilkerson are around and Beckham and Villar both return, I think he'd be 50/50 at best.

Agree with the Norfolk guys with the exception of Pop.   Pop probably starts out next year as Bowie's closer.   

As for Bowie, I think Hall starts at Frederick.   Bauman is 50/50 for me and I would not be surprised if he starts the year at Frederick.   His ERA is at 4.00 and his control has been poor (35 walks in 75 IP).    Hall probably starts at Fredrick and gets a mid season promotion if he does well.    Sedlock is a long, long, longshot to be at Bowie.   A miracle would have to happen.    Most likely he'll be either struggling at Frederick or rehabbing from surgery.

I actually think Grenier could start at Frederick next year.   Not because he earned it or he should but because the O's will want to have Hall and Carmona at Delmarva and one or both of them playing SS.

You seem pretty close on the Frecerick rotation with Hanifee, Hall, Bishop, and Dietz.    Bonilla would be a huge shock to be in Fredrick's rotation.  I did see that he pitched 3 innings at Delmarva the other day but he hasn't shown he can conistently get hitters out at that level yet.

My prediction with Valera was if Beckham is gone. Peterson is a non factor to me- I think Valera is more valuable, but thats just my opinion. If Beckham is not gone, that would leave Valera/Wilkerson/Peterson to fight for that spot I imagine. 

Hall and Sedlock were guys who I agree, will most likely not start at Bowie. I just had a log jam of starters at Frederick, so I moved some combination of them up .Hall would be the more likely because he has actually pitched. But Bonilla not being there would leave both of them in Fredrick which is probably the more likely scenario as you said. 

The Grenier/Carmona/Hall trio was another that I wasnt exactly sure how to place. Grenier clearly has not earned a promotion to Frederick, and the other two are very young and would have to jump a level to do that. I just know that all three cant be at Delmarva. Wouldnt make much sense to me to have one of those guys starting at DH every night. You could rotate them between 3B/SS/2B but then you've also got. A good problem to have I suppose.

Archived