Anthony Santander

terpoh

Often the forgotten man when looking at the outfield depth of the minors. He's still an intriguing guy to me because before this season, he has put up numbers everywhere hes been. I'm ok giving him somewhat of a "pass" this year given the fact that he clearly wasnt ready for MLB pitching, had a few injuries and inconsistent at bats for a large portion of the season. I understand that he struggled at Bowie but hes been red hot at Aberdeen on his rehab stint this week. 

I'm hoping that he can stay hot to end the year, and make things interesting in LF in spring training 2019. He's younger than DJ Stewart and the same age as Mullins so hes still got the chance to prove that he is a piece. A resurgence of Hays and Santander to finish the 2018 season would be a great springboard into the offseason with what is a deep and extremely talented young OF pool.

In my ideal world we'd be able to shift Mancini to 1B, and open up the Outfield to our younger guys.

On 8/18/2018 at 9:10 AM, Frobby said:

I’m glad to have him in the system for depth.    He’d probably be further along now if he’d been able to progress normally through the minors in 2017-18.     Next year will be hugely important for him.  

I agree think although rule 5 is good it hurts some of the player development for some guys that are making the big jump from A ball to majors.  They then have to go down and try to reestablish them self after barely playing the year before in majors.  Rickard May have had the same problems he wasn’t ready but then had to sit on major league roster for year then after has been up and down.  

• 6 months later...
23 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

vs. D-RAYS, 3/06 )) (SPRING TRAINING)

Santander hit his 2nd home run of Spring Training this afternoon.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=401078987

Overall (for Spring Training), Santander is batting .444 with a .500 OBP in 20 Plate Appearances.

o

o

One Day Later )) (vs. PIRATES, 3/07)

Santander entered the game in the 8th inning, replacing Joey Rickard ....... and tied the game with an RBI-single in his first plate appearance.

He struck out with 2 outs and runners on 1st and 2nd base in the top of the 9th.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=4010789927

Overall (for Spring Training), Santander is batting .450 with a .500 OBP in 21 Plate Appearances.

o

• 2 weeks later...

o

(MARCH 18th)

After a torrid start to Spring Training, Santander has cooled off over his last 5 games, going combined 0-for-9 with 1 Walk.

Nonetheless, his overall numbers on offense are still very solid ........ he is batting .333 with a .389 OBP and a 1.086 OPS in 36 Plate Appearances.

o

42 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

(MARCH 18th)

After a torrid start to Spring Training, Santander has cooled off over his last 5 games, going combined 0-for-9 with 1 Walk.

Nonetheless, his overall numbers on offense are still very solid ........ he is batting .333 with a .389 OBP and a 1.086 OPS in 36 Plate Appearances.

o

Which is likely his final spring training since he was optioned over the weekend.

12 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Oops I meant to say final spring training #s.

And I remember putting in the "#s".  I must have somehow erased it.  Weird.

No excuses!  You are a "well-seasoned"  OH contributor.  We expect more of you!  No blaming spell check or word police!!!!  ?

Archived