Luke Scott to the Mets?

Baltimore_Bob

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They definitely need an outfielder. Alou is hurt (What a shock!) and out for the rest of the year. Church is having problems after suffering that concussion and is currently on the DL. Chavez and Tatis are decent temporary solutions, but likely not the full-time answer.

Before we get ahead of ourselves - the Met's may have a replacement already in the wings - Luis Matos! He actually is performing well at AAA - .289/6/44/22 stolen bases.

Seriously though - what does the Mets have left that we would deal Scott for?

After looking for the article I only found this one that doesn't even mention Scott's name. Do you have a link?

With Alou Out, Mets Looking At Ibañez

By Alejandro Leal [July 12 at 10:56am CST]

The possible career-ending injury to Moises Alou means the Mets have to look at the trade market for a replacement, and baseball sources are telling Newsday's Anthony Rieber the Mariner's Raul Ibañez is a possibility.

Joel Sherman of the NY Post reports that if the Mets are willing to take some money, "they might be able to use a Double-A corner player such as Mike Carp, Nick Evans or [Daniel] Murphy to complete a deal."

Ibañez is in the last year of his contract and can become a free agent next year. The Mariners have the worst record in baseball and are in the cusp of full sell-mode.

Ibañez has been one the most consistent players in the M's roster, but at 36 and in the current trade market he's more of a commodity than a franchise player.

I know this is probably a little much to ask for in return, but I'd ask for Pelfrey back for Scott. Maybe we throw in someone like Berkan to get it done.

I like Scott a lot and see him as part of our future. That said, if there is a very good offer, I'd deal him. But someone is going to have to overpay (see Pelfrey) to get him.

Preposterous. No way they trade Pelphrey for Scott. Pelphrey has been pitching very well of late.

That's fine. Then go after someone other than Scott. Just IMO, thats the kind of offer it would take for me to give up Scott at this point.

Before we get ahead of ourselves - the Met's may have a replacement already in the wings - Luis Matos! He actually is performing well at AAA - .289/6/44/22 stolen bases.

Seriously though - what does the Mets have left that we would deal Scott for?

I highly doubt they'd deal him for Scott, but Fernando Martinez is a well regarded 19 year old OF.

The Mets have enough to get Luke Scott. He's a decent player who could probably attract two decent prospects.

Why would you trade a successful MLB player for 2 prospects that may not even make it to the ML much less become as successful as Scott. As far as I know the Mets don't have any premier prospects.

Archived