Orioles Spend 250k of their International Money ( Report that it was $750k)

weams

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, weams said:

Ahh, I sort of predicted the Orioles would start using the international cash in trades just a few days ago. Kind of makes sense...they probably have more than they can really use, but I assume they will be careful and not trade away cash to teams that could actually compete for the best talent still left. 

2 minutes ago, Ohfan67 said:

Ahh, I sort of predicted the Orioles would start using the international cash in trades just a few days ago. Kind of makes sense...they probably have more than they can really use, but I assume they will be careful and not trade away cash to teams that could actually compete for the best talent still left. 

If instead of VVM they end up with six Jack Zoellners I am going to be very upset.

Just now, Ohfan67 said:

Hopefully they have a deal in place, but it is the Orioles. 

Has to be that or they know they aren’t getting him. I mean why would you trade any of it away if you don’t know what it takes? They could make a deal like this anytime in the winter.  

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

And that's worth 250K in international slot money?

For a 23 year old 1st baseman in his 2nd year of the GCL - hitting .236?  He's worth maybe $25 in Monopoly money and a partially used ham sandwich.  

Just now, Ruzious said:

For a 23 year old 1st baseman in his 2nd year of the GCL - hitting .236?  He's worth maybe $25 in Monopoly money and a partially used ham sandwich.  

Just wait until it comes out that Peter changed his mind and put the kibosh on the International market.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Just wait until it comes out that Peter changed his mind and put the kibosh on the International market.

So instead of buying Boardwalk and Park Place, they're going after Baltic Avenue and a get out of jail free card. 

Archived