Orioles Spend 250k of their International Money ( Report that it was $750k)

weams

Just now, jamalshw said:

I know that.

The question is: is the deal for the ability to spend 250K or 750K? This thread is referencing both amounts in discussing the deal. Of the 8+M international spending slot amount we have did we give up the ability to spend 250K or 750K to acquire this 23-year old rookie ball player?

I think sources have indicated that the Orioles gave up the ability to spend 750 K. Not the 250K I had originally assumed. 

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Ruzious said:

Fine, but if they don't use it, it's an organizational failure that should not be sugar-coated.  

Burn them. It may have been a shot across the Yankees bow. Which means something. Even though the shot is now lost. 

2 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

Fine, but if they don't use it, it's an organizational failure that should not be sugar-coated - which it seems like you 2 are pre-emptively doing.  

I find that odd on your part. I have no idea why they did it. Or who is to blame for your massive failure that you have pointed out. I think I'd retract your sugar coating reference. Just giving reasons why someone my have done these things. THis is not money> This is the ability to spend money. Which we know the Orioles are want to do. 

This is crazy.  Only got 250k for Brach from the Braves, and we trade 750k for this guy?  This leaves me wondering if we have figured out that their isn't any good players left to sign and are trying to start spending the money we accumulated?

Just now, jgjbanker said:

This is crazy.  Only got 250k for Brach from the Braves, and we trade 750k for this guy?  This leaves me wondering if we have figured out that their isn't any good players left to sign and are trying to start spending the money we accumulated?

750k for Zoellner is similar to other deals teams have made in years prior.

Brach had very little value.

Just now, weams said:

Burn them. It may have been a shot across the Yankees bow. Which means something. Even though the shot is now lost. 

OMG, we are not competing with the Yankees at this time or anytime in the near future.  Wasting resources just to hurt the Yankees makes absolutely no sense.  All resources should be used to help the Orioles and waste needs to be limited.    

1 minute ago, Redskins Rick said:

Even, if its the total 750K

They had 8.75m, which leaves them 8 million still.

I think what some want is the reasoning for acquiring that space that the Orioles obviously don't need.  Kind of like asking WHY DID THE NATS KEEP HARPER!

Just now, Ruzious said:

OMG, we are not competing with the Yankees at this time or anytime in the near future.  Wasting resources just to hurt the Yankees makes absolutely no sense.  All resources should be used to help the Orioles and waste needs to be limited.    

To keep the Yankees from competing for Victor at that exact time slice. Exact. Time. Slice. Done. 

You are the one not making sense. Me, I am just speculating. 

1 minute ago, weams said:

I think what some want is the reasoning for acquiring that space that the Orioles obviously don't need.  Kind of like asking WHY DID THE NATS KEEP HARPER!

I think there is so much dissatisfaction with the Ownership/FO, that anything they do, will bring out the complaints.

4 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

So, if VM decides to sign else where, that makes it an organization failure?

Justification for trading Gausman was in part getting 2.5 million of international slot money.  Not making use of theat would be an organizational failure.  

3 minutes ago, jgjbanker said:

The Orioles again, spent nothing. 

1 minute ago, Ruzious said:

Justification for trading Gausman was in part getting 2.5 million of international slot money.  Not making use of theat would be an organizational failure.  

Justification for Gausman was saving the money. Of him and O'Day. Money. Not playas.

Archived