Orioles Spend 250k of their International Money ( Report that it was $750k)

weams

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Yefry too. I’m not against trading slot money If we’re not going to use it. This may have also been a favor to the Phils. Maybe a goodwill trade because of wasted time spent on a Jones trade. 

I doubt Dan has seen him. A coach or some scout likes him or perhaps they liked him in college. 

11 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Yefry too. I’m not against trading slot money If we’re not going to use it. This may have also been a favor to the Phils. Maybe a goodwill trade because of wasted time spent on a Jones trade. 

Again, I have to remind myself and everyone else. This is not money. It is the opportunity to spend some money if you have something you want to buy. It's like a license. 

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I have no issue with Beach being a salary dump.  His value was shot with how he had pitched.

Seems he has pitched like an all star since the trade. Anyway this is so bad you cant even get mad.  I doubt DD gets another job in baseball.  Hopefully he can get his job back in the Cape cod league.

48 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Maybe a goodwill trade because of wasted time spent on a Jones trade. 

That should’ve been cleared up well before any sort of mea culpa was necessary. They literally just had to ask Adam Jones if he was going to waive his 10/5. The very first thing that should’ve been done. That’s reckless levels of incompetence if they couldn’t get that right.

2 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

After they traded for 2.5M from Atlanta?  

“When you meet someone, treat them as if they were in serious trouble:

… and you will be right more than half the time.

I think he is hurting more than usual today. 

Archived