Josh Rogers, Susac, and the Restricted List

weams

Techinically, I don't think a team can release a player that is on the DL.   Susac had a season ending wrist injury while playing for the Tides.    The restricted list is a way be get him off the 40 man roster.    The only other way to do that is to place him on the 60 day DL but the O's would have to pay him until the end of the regular season.   

Susac is out of options next year.  The O's don't see him making the 2019 team.  They don't want to protect him  on the 40 man roster from the Rules 5 draft.  Had he been healthy the O's would  have DFA'd him, put him on waivers and if not claimed he would have played out the season at Norfolk, not re-signed him and he would have become a free agent this  off season.   The restricted list will have the same effect and is  used because he is injured.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/baseball/news/orioles-andrew-susac-out-for-season-after-fracturing-wrist/

26 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Techinically, I don't think a team can release a player that is on the DL.   Susac had a season ending wrist injury while playing for the Tides.    The restricted list is a way be get him off the 40 man roster.    The only other way to do that is to place him on the 60 day DL but the O's would have to pay him until the end of the regular season.   

Susac is out of options next year.  The O's don't see him making the 2019 team.  They don't want to protect him  on the 40 man roster from the Rules 5 draft.  Had he been healthy the O's would  have DFA'd him, put him on waivers and if not claimed he would have played out the season at Norfolk, not re-signed him and he would have become a free agent this  off season.   The restricted list will have the same effect and is  used because he is injured.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/baseball/news/orioles-andrew-susac-out-for-season-after-fracturing-wrist/

I was told Susec went home with his broken arm and did not return for rehab, thus the team was able to put him on the restricted list.

4 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

He didn't seem happy at all this year. 

Can't say that I blame him.   I guess if he isn't on the roster of a .290 winning percentage team without a clear starting catcher, he likely ain't getting back to the majors any time soon.

20 minutes ago, clapdiddy said:

Can't say that I blame him.   I guess if he isn't on the roster of a .290 winning percentage team without a clear starting catcher, he likely ain't getting back to the majors any time soon.

The writing has to be pretty obvious on the wall when this happens.

Archived