2019 Top 100 Prospects

terpoh

Who do you all think will be on the top 100 lists from our system? 

Guys that SHOULD be on most lists:

Diaz, Mountcastle, DL Hall

Guys that COULD be on some lists:

Akin, Lowther, Rodriguez, Hays, Kremer

Regardless of the number of guys on these lists, our system has improved dramatically. I really think that if Akin or Kremer we’re in the Braves system that they’d be getting talked about a lot more. Hopefully Hays can continue with some positive momentum in the AFL. The past month or so ive been as excited or more to check MILB box scores as I am to follow the Orioles.

Diaz hasn’t exactly lit the world on fire in Bowie.  Mountcastle’s also been fading badly, .656 OPS in August and threatening to fall below .800 before the season end. So, I don’t think it’s a foregone conclusion that either one will be a consensus top 100 guy.   Hall should be IMO, but you never know if guys in low A will show up on these lists.    

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Diaz hasn’t exactly lit the world on fire in Bowie.  Mountcastle’s also been fading badly, .656 OPS in August and threatening to fall below .800 before the season end. So, I don’t think it’s a foregone conclusion that either one will be a consensus top 100 guy.   Hall should be IMO, but you never know if guys in low A will show up on these lists.    

His K/BB ratio has taken a hit since joining the Orioles.  Coincidence?

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

His K/BB ratio has taken a hit since joining the Orioles.  Coincidence?

If he falls out of the top 100 lists based on his Bowie performance something needs to be seriously evaluated as to the organization's hitting philosophy/teachings.  It's bad enough that around the league it is said that our former pitchers need to be "de-Orioled".

People are overplaying Diaz's struggles: In his past thirty games he has walked 15 times with 21 strikeouts, has hit .280 with .369 OBP and a Slg of.486. That is an ops of .855

He was slow out of the gate but has returned to his normal self. He has also seen a power surge in Bowie, cutting his AB/Hr in half. Has played solid defense and had to adapt to a new environment.

This has looked like a great trade thus far.

Zach Pop, since giving up 3 ER in his first outing in Bowie has only given up 3 more runs in 19.1 innings.

Kremer has a sub 3 era, while striking out more than a batter per inning.

Bannon has really turned it on as of late. Has played great defense. Struggled early. Took some time for him to get his feet under him.

I think Mountcastle, Hays, Hall, Diaz will be top 100. Akin on the edge of reaching it, Adam Hall might get a mention.

23 minutes ago, Thato'sfan said:

People are overplaying Diaz's struggles: In his past thirty games he has walked 15 times with 21 strikeouts, has hit .280 with .369 OBP and a Slg of.486. That is an ops of .855

He was slow out of the gate but has returned to his normal self. He has also seen a power surge in Bowie, cutting his AB/Hr in half. Has played solid defense and had to adapt to a new environment.

This has looked like a great trade thus far.

Zach Pop, since giving up 3 ER in his first outing in Bowie has only given up 3 more runs in 19.1 innings.

Kremer has a sub 3 era, while striking out more than a batter per inning.

Bannon has really turned it on as of late. Has played great defense. Struggled early. Took some time for him to get his feet under him.

I think Mountcastle, Hays, Hall, Diaz will be top 100. Akin on the edge of reaching it, Adam Hall might get a mention.

I agree on Diaz he has been solid in the last month or so.  I expect him to come in around 70.  Mountcastle has been solid and should be around 80.  Hall will also fall around that area but should be higher on the list as he has out performed other guys from that draft but they were drafted higher so stay up above him a little longer.  Hays will be interesting it seems pretty clear the injuries hurt him early but he has turned it around since return and strong AFL may slide him below 100 to start next year.

Diaz doesn’t have any chance of being on most lists. As has been the case for over a year, Mountcastle should be the headliner for us, but if his defense is as bad and unrepairable as many here have said, he may not be on most lists either. 

Mountcastle, Hays, Hall, and Grayson are the top 4 assets on our farm today, Akin, Lowther, Kremer, Diaz and Ortiz are guys that will likely have more detractors than supporters when the summer concludes. Mullins is the guys turning the most heads, what a spark he’s been for the birds in an otherwise lifeless season.

54 minutes ago, Cy Bundy said:

Diaz doesn’t have any chance of being on most lists. As has been the case for over a year, Mountcastle should be the headliner for us, but if his defense is as bad and unrepairable as many here have said, he may not be on most lists either. 

Mountcastle, Hays, Hall, and Grayson are the top 4 assets on our farm today, Akin, Lowther, Kremer, Diaz and Ortiz are guys that will likely have more detractors than supporters when the summer concludes. Mullins is the guys turning the most heads, what a spark he’s been for the birds in an otherwise lifeless season.

Diaz has been on most all the top 100 lists I have seen at mid season.  He had a slow start after the trade but as another poster pointed out he has been very solid the last month.  He will make most all the lists at the end as two weeks won’t drop him out of the lists that really sees these guys.

I don't think Akin jumps into the top 100 on many if any national lists.  I think he's still probably looked at as a mid to back end rotation guy. 

Mouncastle, Diaz, and Hall should be locks and I think you will see Hays on some lists too.  All in the 50-100 range.  

On 9/2/2018 at 8:52 AM, terpoh said:

Who do you all think will be on the top 100 lists from our system? 

Guys that SHOULD be on most lists:

Diaz, Mountcastle, DL Hall

Guys that COULD be on some lists:

Akin, Lowther, Rodriguez, Hays, Kremer

Regardless of the number of guys on these lists, our system has improved dramatically. I really think that if Akin or Kremer we’re in the Braves system that they’d be getting talked about a lot more. Hopefully Hays can continue with some positive momentum in the AFL. The past month or so ive been as excited or more to check MILB box scores as I am to follow the Orioles.

I think you need to take a closer look at the Braves pitchers that were or are in the top 100 - and look at their ages.  

Archived