2019 Top 100 Prospects

terpoh

47 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

I think you need to take a closer look at the Braves pitchers that were or are in the top 100 - and look at their ages.  

You are right on with the ages, but I'd argue that one reason the O's pitchers are older for their level is player development strategy.

The Braves are much more aggressive promoting their young pitchers, they'd have everyone of Akin, Hall, Bishop, Lowther, Hanifee up at least one level higher. The Orioles for better or worse are being conservative with this current crop of arms. 

1 minute ago, Luke-OH said:

You are right on with the ages, but I'd argue that one reason the O's pitchers are older for their level is player development strategy.

The Braves are much more aggressive promoting their young pitchers, they'd have everyone of Akin, Hall, Bishop, Lowther, Hanifee up at least one level higher. The Orioles for better or worse are being conservative with this current crop of arms. 

Let's see if that continues when they are close to ML ready.

52 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

Agreed, and I've pointed that out a couple of times.  They often promote pitchers they drafted out of HS faster than the O's promote pitchers they drafted out of college.  

On 9/2/2018 at 11:47 AM, Cy Bundy said:

Diaz doesn’t have any chance of being on most lists. As has been the case for over a year, Mountcastle should be the headliner for us, but if his defense is as bad and unrepairable as many here have said, he may not be on most lists either. 

Mountcastle, Hays, Hall, and Grayson are the top 4 assets on our farm today, Akin, Lowther, Kremer, Diaz and Ortiz are guys that will likely have more detractors than supporters when the summer concludes. Mullins is the guys turning the most heads, what a spark he’s been for the birds in an otherwise lifeless season.

Considering that he has been on said lists makes this seem weird in how absolutist it is.

With September callups and guys losing their prospect status, Hall has to be pretty close to making some top 100 lists after the season.  He’s gotta he pretty close now.

I’m sure everyone is going to do there offseason top 100, but just show how arbitrary prospect lists can be,

Miguel Amaya started out not in the top 100 right before the deadline. He was added to mlbpipeline’s and just by other people losing their prospect status he is now #92. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived