2008 Home Run Derby

PrivateO

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jimmy Narron is with him constantly. He carries twenty dollars.

Actually, it's Johnny Narron but you were pretty close, LOL ;)

I went to a few Reds games last year and got to see Josh take batting practice and it was completely INSANE how far he hit those balls out of GABP. I've seen Adam Dunn hit HRs for years but Josh was hitting them all over the place. I knew he would make it to the final round (holy great round one batman!! WOW!) but after hitting all those HRs early in the derby, I had this feeling both he and his pitcher would tire out. It was still a phenomenal show though and I am SO happy for all the success Josh is having this year. If Volquez hadn't been so awesome for the Reds, I'd probably be more than a little honked off by that trade but it seems to be working out extremely well for both teams which is just incredible. Congrats to Josh and to Justin too for winning the Derby! :)

Now for the important question...what was in the case that Volquez gave Hamilton in round one?! I can't find anyone who knows and it's bugging me now, LOL :laughlol:

The HR derby has screwed up the swing of many a contestant. Abreu was never the same during the second half of the 2005 season after hitting those 24 HRs. Hopefully Hamilton (for the sake of my fantasy team) doesn't suffer the same fate...

Seeing Hamilton's first round barrage was ridiculous. Props to him. Obviously that is the main story of the derby.

However, I would have liked to see more respect shown to Morneau... Especially by the fans. It looked like literally 95% of the fans were gone whenever they gave him the trophy. It's not that meaningful of a trophy, but I found that a bit classless.

Last winter, Bedard and a good outfield prospect might have been enough.

That's the time frame I was referring to. I am pretty happy with Jones, so I do not want to give the impression that I am whining. But Hamilton is good. Wow.

-m

The HR derby has screwed up the swing of many a contestant. Abreu was never the same during the second half of the 2005 season after hitting those 24 HRs. Hopefully Hamilton (for the sake of my fantasy team) doesn't suffer the same fate...

And once again JTrea stumbles into the correlation and assumes it's causation...

Archived