2008 Home Run Derby

PrivateO

Think that who's messing with you?

We could've had Bailey, Hamilton, and Cueto/Votto for Bedard over the winter, if memory serves me correctly.

There were so many scenerios with the Reds players that I can't even remember if a real deal was ever out there. I'm extremely glad that deal never went down because I rather enjoy having Cueto and Votto in Cincy this year and hopefully Homer keeps working things out and becomes the pitcher we all think he can be. I also really enjoy watching that fellow we got in the Hamilton deal pitch every five days (and hopefully tonight for a little bit in the AS game), LOL :clap3:

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There were so many scenerios with the Reds players that I can't even remember if a real deal was ever out there. I'm extremely glad that deal never went down because I rather enjoy having Cueto and Votto in Cincy this year and hopefully Homer keeps working things out and becomes the pitcher we all think he can be. I also really enjoy watching that fellow we got in the Hamilton deal pitch every five days (and hopefully tonight for a little bit in the AS game), LOL :clap3:

As an O's fan, I'm bummed we didn't do a deal with Cincinnati. I think I said a few times at the time that a Cinci deal was the best out there.

As a Reds fan, I'm relieved that we didn't acquire Bedard while giving up Hamilton, Cueto, and Bailey, or something approximating that. As you said, that would've meant no Volquez. That would sadden me.

Archived