2008 Home Run Derby

PrivateO

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
People wonder why there's still race issues in the world. Because you have dumbasses always bringing up race and skin color. Who really cares?

Great point, it's just not necessary to bring up crap like that. He's just trying too hard. I always enjoy Reilly on Dan Patrick, and he's a great writer, but it's clearly not working tonight.

Great point, it's just not necessary to bring up crap like that. He's just trying too hard. I always enjoy Reilly on Dan Patrick, and he's a great writer, but it's clearly not working tonight.

He's kind of overrated as a writer, too.

I honestly would have never noticed this in a million years.

Yeah I mean most of the "black" guys that are usually in it and would have been it this year were hurt or didn't want to participate. But again...who cares and why bring it up? It it just makes him look like a fool.

People wonder why there's still race issues in the world. Because you have dumbasses always bringing up race and skin color. Who really cares?

Honestly...I think he makes an interesting point. Where is Hanley Ramirez is the Derby? Adrian gonzalez? Milton Bradley? Carlos Quentin?

I don't think he was really making a joke...it was more of an observation.

Honestly...I think he makes an interesting point. Where is Hanley Ramirez is the Derby? Adrian gonzalez? Milton Bradley? Carlos Quentin?

He said it was like the "Kwiwania club meeting".

Sure there were lots of guys that could have been asked. Maybe they were and they said no. IMO you bring it up tomorrow.

I just don't see what good it does to bring it up during the HR Derby. And he could have showed a little more tact in the way he asked. Why not say, "Where's Hanley Ramirez and Adrian Gonzalez or Milton Bradley or Ryan Howard or Carlos Quentin?

Sure there were lots of guys that could have been asked. Maybe they were and they said no. IMO you bring it up tomorrow.

A Rod, Ortiz, and Vladdy all were asked and declined for injury reasons or whatever. I agree that's it not something to really bring attention to for any reason.

Yep he was trying to make it seem like Blacks were excluded. Like I said starting something where there was no problem.

I actually didn't hear him say Kwiwanis club...that was pretty poor. It appears that his "witty" writing doesn't cross-over well to TV. He needs an editor.

Archived