Top Manager Candidates

connja

1 minute ago, wildbillhiccup said:

I was always more of an Eddie guy. Even as a young kid just something about Cal rubbed me the wrong way. 

I'm younger than you. Was only one when Eddie left. Not saying you're wrong. Cal was the face of the franchise when I started coming of age in the 90's.  I still remember how exciting it was when Eddie came back in '96 though because I was even at 9 a student of Orioles history.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

Imagining a former Red Sox as a future Oriole manager just made me throw up in my mouth a bit. 

Well we just fired the guy who is credited with helping to build the Yankees dynasty of the 90's. I hear ya but I'll take anyone as long as they're committed to making us a perennial winner. 

Just now, Palmoripken said:

I'm younger than you. Was only one when Eddie left. Not saying you're wrong. Cal was the face of the franchise when I started coming of age in the 90's.  I still remember how exciting it was when Eddie came back in '96 though because I was even at 9 a student of Orioles history.

Yeah, I'm in my 40s (44 to be exact) and chanting "Ed die...Ed die" in Memorial Stadium is certainly one of my fondest memories. 

On 9/22/2018 at 7:07 AM, weams said:

I think the price is 1.5  per year. Would he work for that?

I hope Girardi wouldn't work for that. I wouldn't want him here in a million years. He's a damn Yankee, for starters... Second, I wouldn't want to look at his rippling horse jaw for the next five years. 

Just now, wildbillhiccup said:

Yeah, I'm in my 40s (44 to be exact) and chanting "Ed die...Ed die" in Memorial Stadium is certainly one of my fondest memories. 

Yep 31 here. All my memories are at OPACY. I went to a few games at Memorial as a little kid but I have no memories.

1 minute ago, Bradysburns said:

I hope Girardi wouldn't work for that. I wouldn't want him here in a million years. He's a damn Yankee, for starters... Second, I wouldn't want to look at his rippling horse jaw for the next five years. 

Amen to this. Just say no to Joe. 

17 minutes ago, Bradysburns said:

15 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

Amen to this. Just say no to Joe. 

Why. Just because he managed the Yankees?  Dude is a great manager and would bring a level of professionalism needed for a young team. He said not going to sit quietly and put Davis in the lineup every day either. Hit or sit. Who cares where someone managed before we need to build a prerrennial winner not the best retiree cruise. 

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

I don't think Girardi would want to come here.  We don't have a roster that can compete, we don't have much payroll flexibility at the moment.

We are going to get a young, up and comer.  We will not get a veteran who's been around the block and has managed playoff teams or WS teams.

All I’m saying is if the Reds can get an interview we should be able to. I’d much rather at least know we tried to get a top tier manager than just go with bordick or Dempsey and keep on keeping on with Our big league AA team. 

13 minutes ago, MikeAD said:

All I’m saying is if the Reds can get an interview we should be able to. I’d much rather at least know we tried to get a top tier manager than just go with bordick or Dempsey and keep on keeping on with Our big league AA team. 

A good point.  

I'm not getting hopes up, though.  Whoever the next manager is, is getting a roster thats full of young talent and needs to be developed.  I'm not interested in big names, more interested in who's the best manager for a young squad.

Archived