Steve Wilkerson!

mcneck

I admittedly had checked out for a good portion of the season but man this guy needs his own thread. I love watching him play D. He also seems to have a clue at the plate. Seems like a good glue guy if not better. Hopefully I am not overreacting.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Enjoy Terror said:

Is Beckham your backup timeshare infielder dude?

Beckam will be non-tendered. Whether he wants to resign here at a lower salary to be a utility guy will be depending on what else is out there for him. Valera and Peterson will be utility candidates for next year, although Wilkerson could be in the conversation if he doesn't win the 2B job.

23 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Beckam will be non-tendered. Whether he wants to resign here at a lower salary to be a utility guy will be depending on what else is out there for him. Valera and Peterson will be utility candidates for next year, although Wilkerson could be in the conversation if he doesn't win the 2B job.

I agree. We took less of a trade package to dump O’day’s salary. There is nothing way we pay Beckham $4-5 million in hopes that he would net a prospect at the deadline. Too much of a risk. I know we traded Toby Myers for him, but I see us cutting our losses. He won’t be here in 2020 or 2021 anyway. 

If he wants to sign for the league min. and a chance to be the SS next year then fine, but he won’t be back at his arbitration price. 

Wilkerson's like a flying acrobat out there - whether he's playing 2nd or 3rd.  I think of him as a 300 or so at bats player - so maybe his weaknesses don't show as much as they would over 600 at bats - and his all-out style in the field can hold up longer if he's not playing every day.  

Odd thing about him - watching him play, I'd guess he's no taller than 5'10 and probably 175 lbs, but he's listed at 6'1 195.  He moves like an agile little guy, but he actually has good size.   

Archived