2019 Orioles Payroll

weams

22 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

I dont think this was the master plan from a couple of years ago. Lets see, in three years, we will suck and then have a fire sale.

I hope this past season, was a wake up to reality and a decision to rebuild.

I think he was being sarcastic.  

1 minute ago, spiritof66 said:

They have cut the payroll pretty dramatically, and there may be more cuts before the 2019 season. That's Part 1 -- and better late than never. 

Let me know when they start spending significant amounts on non-payroll investments that are needed to build the team for the future.

We may never know.   

Just now, Frobby said:

We may never know.   

If this team starts correcting some of the errors of the Peter Angelos era (or the Peter Angelos Error, as I think of it), and spends real money on building out their scouting capacity, analytics, international player development, etc., they'd be idiots not to get the word out to a diminishing and skeptical fan base.

So I guess you're right. 

I see very little way it can be near 70 million.

Davis 21 

Cobb 14

Trumbo 13.5

Cashner 9.5

Villar 4

Bundy 3

Givens 1.5 

That is 67 million right there that is declining on Beckham, Joeseph, and Peterson.  18 slots still even at league minimum. for everyone else you are at 78 million and you would have to think they add atleast a couple guys in free agency.  They have to SS currently in minors ready so someone will have to play there.  I think 90 million is a more realistic number.

Archived