Takashi Saito out at least 6 weeks. Any interest in Sherrill?

Baltimore_Bob

Sherrill, Huff, and Scott for Kemp, LaRoche, McDonald, and DeJesus.

I wonder if we could do a Sherrill and Scott for Kemp and LaRoche.

Only if you have compromising pictures of Ned Coletti. These trade threads involving Kemp and Kershaw are pure fantasy. Kemp is young, on the cusp of being a year in year out All-Star capable of putting up huge numbers and he is cheap for a few more years. Teams simply do not trade guys like that anymore, unless it gets back players like Sabathia or other true studs. Sorry, Scott and Sherril are not in that category.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Only if you have compromising pictures of Ned Coletti. These trade threads involving Kemp and Kershaw are pure fantasy. Kemp is young, on the cusp of being a year in year out All-Star capable of putting up huge numbers and he is cheap for a few more years. Teams simply do not trade guys like that anymore, unless it gets back players like Sabathia or other true studs. Sorry, Scott and Sherril are not in that category.

Scott is haveing just as good a year as Kemp. Both Kemp and LaRoche are rumored to be clubhouse problems for the Dodgers. They will not lose anything in production in their lineup and gain a closer who has been successful in the setup role. Don't forget that Scott and Sherrill will both be cheap and under contract for just as long as Kemp.

Have you been paying attention at all to the stuff going on with Kemp, the Dodgers and their owner vs GM?

Have you been paying attention at all to the stuff going on with Kemp, the Dodgers and their owner vs GM?

I know you have a lot of creative ideas, but I think you're a little over the top with this one. Kemp may be available...awesome. A 4-for-5 trade involving 3 older Orioles and 1 wannabe pitcher for 4 potentially young stud Dodgers and a salary dump just won't happen.

I don't doubt that Kemp "or" - not and - LaRoche could be had...I just doubt the offers put up on this site. We'd have to go much smaller and I doubt Sherrill would be a part of it (although I admit it's a small possibility).

I just don't think ML GMs are typically this bold even in the face of an inpatient owner in LA. Now, if you were talking about the Portland TrailBlazers, I'd be on board.

Some of these trade ideas are pretty far fetched. I would be happy to get LaRoche and one of the SS prospects back for Sherill. If I got that alone I would feel like I robed them. I really think LaRoche turns into a very good middle of the order player and would be a steal for us.

I know you have a lot of creative ideas, but I think you're a little over the top with this one. Kemp may be available...awesome. A 4-for-5 trade involving 3 older Orioles and 1 wannabe pitcher for 4 potentially young stud Dodgers and a salary dump just won't happen.

I don't doubt that Kemp "or" - not and - LaRoche could be had...I just doubt the offers put up on this site. We'd have to go much smaller and I doubt Sherrill would be a part of it (although I admit it's a small possibility).

I just don't think ML GMs are typically this bold even in the face of an inpatient owner in LA. Now, if you were talking about the Portland TrailBlazers, I'd be on board.

Again, we are talking about players that have either fallen out of favor with the team(Kemp and LaRoche...clearly LaRoche has), are depth(McDonald and DeJesus) or salary dump(Schmidt).

With that organizations depth, they really don't lose much and put themselves in position to win it all this year.

Plus, Scott, Burres and Sherrill will be under the teams control for a while and they have Huff for next year. These aren't rental players.

You guys are clearly not paying attention to LaRoche and what is going on in Dodgerland.

The other side to what is going on over there is that management and ownership disagree on the direction and nothing may get done...Admittingly, that is probably what is more likely but these 2 teams match up great.

Right...IT wasn't an issue with the two FO's, it was the Dodgers deciding Kuroda made more sense for them.

From what I remember it's because they wanted us to pick up 18 million of Tejada's contract that the deal with Bedard and Tejada to the Dodgers fell apart...

Scott is haveing just as good a year as Kemp. Both Kemp and LaRoche are rumored to be clubhouse problems for the Dodgers. They will not lose anything in production in their lineup and gain a closer who has been successful in the setup role. Don't forget that Scott and Sherrill will both be cheap and under contract for just as long as Kemp.

Yes, now go look at their birthdays and tell me why the trade also is a pipedream. At least the Kemp portion.

Something like Sherrill, Burres, Scott and Huff for Schmidt, LaRoche, Kemp, McDonald and DeJesus would be very nice.

The Dodgers only really lose Kemp off of their current team and really upgrade their offense and BP...Burres gives them an extra arm as well.

They get rid of Schmidt contract and trade depth...That is a trade that should net the Dodgers the NL West title and puts them in position to win the NL.

I like that idea of including Schmidt. I'd just tweak that trade to change McDonald to Meloan and have the O's throw in a pitching prospect like Spoone, Hernandez, or Erbe - if necessary.

Btw, nice to see Matt Riley doing well for them.

I like that idea of including Schmidt. I'd just tweak that trade to change McDonald to Meloan and have the O's throw in a pitching prospect like Spoone, Hernandez, or Erbe - if necessary.

Btw, nice to see Matt Riley doing well for them.

I would love to add Riley as well...I think he could be a great lefty reliever if he can stay healthy.

I would much rather have McDonald...He is a starter that can step in right now...We are ok in reliever...Of course, i would take Meloan.

And if we had to tweak things like you said, that is ok...It may or may not be needed but I wouldn't let anything like that get in the way.

Yes I have which probably makes this even a harder trade to pull off because of the dysfunctionaility. As I said, Laroche I could see them trading but no way on Kemp. At least not for someone like Scott. That is pure fantasy.

You guys are clearly not paying attention to LaRoche and what is going on in Dodgerland.

The other side to what is going on over there is that management and ownership disagree on the direction and nothing may get done...Admittingly, that is probably what is more likely but these 2 teams match up great.

We're paying close attention and I agree that we match up pretty well - not necessarily great. For example, how do we replace Kemp in their outfield?

In any event, you're proposing a blockbuster here. I hope you're right but I'm just playing the odds in being skeptical. For every tea leave out of Dodgerland saying these guys are available, there are equally as many tea leaves out of Oriole Park saying Sherrill and Huff aren't available. I agree that they should be, but that doesn't mean it's likely.

The other thing to consider is no GM wants to make the next AJ Pierzinski trade. This is really why I consider this a long shot. If we fill in with a young pitching prospect and/or Reimold instead of Burres, I'd think it might be more likely. Either way, I'm doubtful.

Archived