Takashi Saito out at least 6 weeks. Any interest in Sherrill?

Baltimore_Bob

Yes, now go look at their birthdays and tell me why the trade also is a pipedream. At least the Kemp portion.

Dodgers want to win NOW! That is why they would do this trade. It isn't like Scott is 35.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes I have which probably makes this even a harder trade to pull off because of the dysfunctionaility. As I said, Laroche I could see them trading but no way on Kemp. At least not for someone like Scott. That is pure fantasy.

We aren't talking abotu Kemp for Scott...We are talking about Kemp in a huge package for another big package.

At the end of the day, the only way they trade kemp is if they are truly growing tired of his attitude and want him gone.

If this isn't the case, they don't trade him but Kemp's name has been floated out there for a while and there has been indication for a while that the Dodgers may deal him.

Now, do they need Matt Holliday(or someone like him) to trade Kemp? That's very possible.

Can someone please explain to me why everyone wants this guy so badly? I put this in another thread and nobody answered me but looking at his stats he hasn't exactly lit up the majors and his AAA stats this year are midling. What is all the fuss and why do so many on the OH want this guys so badly?

Can someone please explain to me why everyone wants this guy so badly? I put this in another thread and nobody answered me but looking at his stats he hasn't exactly lit up the majors and his AAA stats this year are midling. What is all the fuss and why do so many on the OH want this guys so badly?

Past Minor League stats. Don't put too much weight into this year stats. He is being played all around the field and has been called up and down.

I definitely do not see the Dodgers trading Kemp unless they are getting a premium talent back.

Sherrill, Huff, and Scott are all very nice pieces, but none of them are a truly premium player.

This could very well be true...From my side, the only reason I even mention Kemp is the idea that maybe the Dodgers are truly down on him and sell him for 50 cents on the dollar. As i said, if this isn't true, then forget about Kemp.

But it doesn't matter, they have so much, it would could be a great deal for us even without Kemp.

Even something like Huff and Sherrill for LaRoche, McDonald, DeJesus and Riley would be very nice for us.

I would think that is very doable.

SG likes his MiL PCL numbers. That should be enough for you.:laughlol:

Dodgers want to win NOW! That is why they would do this trade. It isn't like Scott is 35.

Ok fine, let's agree to disagree. You and SG think it can happen, and pretty much everyone else thinks it is far fetched. Wake me up when the deal goes down and I'll stand corrected.

Right...IT wasn't an issue with the two FO's, it was the Dodgers deciding Kuroda made more sense for them.

A scenario not yet discussed on here is us taking on Jason Schmidt...He is working his way back and is owed a lot of money next year...The Dodgers really don't need him and by us taking him on, it may help things.

We get the vet starter for a year to bridge the gap and he could be worth a lot in trade next year if he get and stay healthy...It is a big risk for us and he would have to waive his NTC to come here but if he would do that, it may make things even easier and may allow us to get an extra young player.

Something like Sherrill, Burres, Scott and Huff for Schmidt, LaRoche, Kemp, McDonald and DeJesus would be very nice.

The Dodgers only really lose Kemp off of their current team and really upgrade their offense and BP...Burres gives them an extra arm as well.

They get rid of Schmidt contract and trade depth...That is a trade that should net the Dodgers the NL West title and puts them in position to win the NL.

A 9-player trade seems pretty ambitious for a July deadline deal, especially when neither team is in "fire sale" mode.

Also, I would think that including a pitcher like Schmidt in the deal is just begging for Angelos to get involved again.

I'd rather have Scott than Kemp. Kemp has great tools but he has poor plate discipline, is prone to mental lapses in the field and has has attitude issues that make him a clubhouse problem. I think Scott's numbers for the years we control him will be as good or better than Kemps during the same time.

I think we should step away from these mega trades that will never happen and concentrate on possibilities. After last night's performance I could comfortably say that I believe Sherrill could land us both LaRoche/DeWitt and DeJesus. Now that right there is a big boost to our future infield which has little to no depth and DeJesus profiles to stick at short and could be a very good table setter alongside Roberts with his speed and .371OBP in AA.

Now Huff also makes sense for the Dodgers but that is when things get a little silly. Huff, by himself, is worth 2 quality prospects and the Dodgers have plenty. McDonald is the pitcher the O's need to target first and foremost but it is true the Dodgers have soured on Kemp and he has problems with the front office. Sherrill and Huff for LaRoche, DeJesus, and Kemp isn't out of the question but if we add in a young pitcher I think that deal gets done.

Sherrill, Huff, Spoone -LaRoche, DeJesus, Kemp

I'd rather have Scott than Kemp. Kemp has great tools but he has poor plate discipline, is prone to mental lapses in the field and has has attitude issues that make him a clubhouse problem. I think Scott's numbers for the years we control him will be as good or better than Kemps during the same time.
Man, I really like Scott, but nobody in the industry of baseball will agree with you that Scott is a more valuable commodity than Kemp. Thats pure crazy talk.

Thats so true. Imagine how much speed this trade could add to the lineup.

Roberts

DeJesus

Markakis

Kemp

Jones

These are all at least 20SB guys and that would really help put men in scoring position and 3 of them are legit 20HR guys also.

Even something like Huff and Sherrill for LaRoche, McDonald, DeJesus and Riley would be very nice for us.

I would think that is very doable.

Ok why Riley? He's 28 and has had two Tommy John surgeries and isn't exactly lighting the world on fire in the minors. I can understand the Oriole nostalgia but no way is Riley a trade chip.

Ok why Riley? He's 28 and has had two Tommy John surgeries and isn't exactly lighting the world on fire in the minors. I can understand the Oriole nostalgia but no way is Riley a trade chip.

2.93 ERA

11.92 K rate

The walks and Hr rate(in the PCL) are a little high though.

Lefties are hitting 217 vs high with a 662 OPS against and that is with a 346 BABIP.

http://www.minorleaguesplits.com/cgi-bin/pl.cgi?pl=235494

He is much better than Castillo and basically, is the Mickolio of this deal.

Archived