Sun: Ripken files suit against Aberdeen

weams

2 hours ago, ScGO's said:

Two words:  Kevin.  Costner.  

Sorry just thought I'd stir up the controversy

Who tripped the circuit breaker to Camden Yard's right-field light bank on August 14, 1997 when the surrounding neighborhood did not suffer a single flicker of power interruption!? #costner-gate #cal-ghazi

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/13/2018 at 4:07 PM, OriolesMagic83 said:

Wow, that is insane.  The season is 3 months long.  I always wondered why they didn't have more concerts/events. 

Not only insane but not entirely true.  I've attended non-baseball events at the stadium, including a fairly large motorcycle show.

On 10/13/2018 at 2:38 AM, OFFNY said:

o

I would've had no problem with Cal throwing out the first pitch for the 2014 ALCS, or anything else like that.

My critique was strictly in regard to Cal's commentary for the 5-game series between the Orioles and the Yankees in October of 2012, in which it appeared to me that he went overboard in trying not to show bias toward his lifetime team.

The Orioles losing that series (and the solo home run in which Nate McLouth was robbed of in the 5th and deciding game of said series) bothered me a whole lot more than anything that Cal said from the booth during those 5 games.

o

I still don't get why they had him on. He played in Baltimore his entire career and IS FROM HERE, yet you want him to be unbiased and praise the Yankees. How dumb of a choice was that

I personally found Cal's incredibly boring and stilted commentary before, during, and after the games more offensive than the 3B quip. He's a good reminder that not every great player makes even a decent commentator. That said, I don't care about his dispute with Aberdeen at all. Sounds like a very typical, relatively petty dispute that happens all over the place. The money involved is peanuts compared to the cost of a new high school football stadium in Texas and other places. 

Archived