When will the Orioles Announce hirings?

Bahama O's Fan

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

Why is that a plus? 

Well, I was voicing an opinion, and it was opposite of a previously opinion posted that if the guy was from here, he was tainted and we need do a full house cleansing.

I want the best guy we can get.

If he is from here and knows and respects the history of the Oriole franchise, then how can that be a negative?

8 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Well, I was voicing an opinion, and it was opposite of a previously opinion posted that if the guy was from here, he was tainted and we need do a full house cleansing.

If he is from here and knows and respects the history of the Oriole franchise, then how can that be a negative?

Not a negative. I just don't see what it adds, other than maybe to attract interest from those who otherwise would be less willing to seek or accept the job.

I completely agree that we want to bring in talent from outside the organization, a GM (and others) who have  learned how a different, better managed organization is run.

And it needn't be a guy.

38 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

Not a negative. I just don't see what it adds, other than maybe to attract interest from those who otherwise would be less willing to seek or accept the job.

That's exactly the point.  If John Doe, prospective GM, is getting interest from multiple team and is the candidate that the O's are focused on, the fact that Doe grew up an Orioles fan could help nudge him in our direction.  It's a marginal advantage over the competitors that are also after him.  Not huge, but still a possible advantage.

3 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

It is getting to the point of what are they waiting for. Where are the interviews? 

I have to say that I'm getting nervous about this as well.  If/when we establish a strong GM and ownership combo (mostly GM), one we feel comfortable with and trust, THEN we won't worry as much about what's going on. Until then, it's hard to be anything but concerned.

10 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

It is getting to the point of what are they waiting for. Where are the interviews? 

First off they could be interviewing folks but keeping the news down so not to steer attention away from the playoffs.  They could also be targeting folks whose teams are in the playoffs in which case they might have to wait.

5 minutes ago, Greg Pappas said:

I have to say that I'm getting nervous about this as well.  If/when we establish a strong GM and ownership combo (mostly GM), one we feel comfortable with and trust, THEN we won't worry as much about what's going on. Until then, it's hard to be anything but concerned.

I'm not hearing anything from the other teams looking for FO help.

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm not hearing anything from the other teams looking for FO help.

Ive been a baseball fan for more years than I can remember.

But, usually during the playoffs, you dont hear too many rumors breaking forth about whom is talking to whom.

Even now adays with social media, its still largely quiet, unti the end of the WS, when a few will surface ahead of public announcement,.

1 hour ago, Redskins Rick said:

I didn't say he would be tainted, just that I didn't see it as a plus. Everything about the Orioles and the way the do things needs to be changed. Clearer lines of authority, more investments in the international markets, a deeper dive into analytics, etc. And I agree with some of the others. I'd prefer to have someone with ties to the organizations who have done things the right way in terms of growth and player development. The Astros and Cardinals are the first two organizations that come to mind. And maybe the Cubs to a lesser extend. Raid their management teams for a young up and comer who's looking for an opportunity to implement the strategy he/she's helped to execute over the last few years. 

5 hours ago, Redskins Rick said:

This team isn't going anyway, dang it, if it was anybody but you, my friend, I would think you was trolling us, just to stir the emotions.

I believe with all my heart that a sale means a move. 

The guy I’d like to see get an interview is Tony La Russa. Currently, He's currently vice president and special assistant to Dave Dombrowski, president of baseball operations for the Boston Red Sox. At 73 he might be to old. However I think he would be a good choice.

Archived