Orioles Reach Out to Me Regarding Plans

weams

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, SteveA said:

I agree.

The Nats had a thing for a while where they set up a stage behind 2nd base and did postgame concerts.   Fans could go to the good seats and watch or they could even come out on the field and stand on a tarp and watch.   I saw Blues Travellers there, and the Wallflowers.   They did have some country artists too.

It only lasted a couple years, I think.

One odd thing I remember is that the concert was treated as a separate event, even though the game ticket was what got you in.   So, like at all major league games, they stopped selling alcohol in the 7th inning.   But then after the game, for the concert, they started selling it again

Copyrighted music laws require music licensing royalties to be paid to the songwriters, composers, and publishers. These folks are not to be confused with the rich entertainers. 

The baseball club pays the entertainer and the royalties are charged based on gross ticket revenue. It is much more cost effective to have a second gate than to pay based off the games paid attendance when only a portion of the fans stay to see the performance.

no applause just throw me the money.....LOL

8 hours ago, weams said:

Dear Season Plan Member, 

Thank you for your support of the Baltimore Orioles during the 2018 season! The continued support of our fans helps to make Oriole Park at Camden Yards the best Ballpark in baseball. We are looking forward to exciting changes both on and off the field in 2019, as we continue to expand your options here at the Park, including ticket packages, theme nights, and concession food and beverage options. 

While we are preparing for the 2019 season, we wanted to remind you of a great Season Plan Member Benefit you can take advantage of in the off season. Two complimentary tickets for a behind the scenes tour of Oriole Park are an exclusive benefit of being a Season Plan Member. To book your tour, simply respond to this email or call us at 410.547.6161 and we would be glad to assist you. Please note that tours will be available until Thanksgiving weekend. 

We maintain hours throughout the off season, so please reach out to us if you have any other questions, concerns, or feedback about last season or the upcoming year. Thank you again for your past and future support of the Baltimore Orioles!

Sincerely, 

The Ticket Services Team

Maybe you are the new GM, but just don't know it yet.  I support you over Colletti or Cherington.

12 hours ago, weams said:

Since the Orioles DO have a business manager, I'd be interested in hearing what things are being value added to make up for the non competitive team to come. 

Judging from the annual STH survey I completed near the end of the season, they are looking to do a points-based rewards system.  

14 hours ago, SteveA said:

Oh, come on.   complaining that the ticket services office is doing their jobs as best they can is ridiculous.    They have a job to do, they most likely won't be affected by the change at the top of baseball operations.   And I imagine most season ticket holders would want more communication from them instead of less.

If I own a restaurant and a customer is reasonably unhappy with their foood the last thing I want is my setver to ignore the complaint and try to settle the bill first or invite them back for another dinner.  Both those things should be done but AFTER addressing the complaint.  At least acknowledge it.  I would seriously reprimanded a server or floor manager for getting thise two things backwards.  

8 minutes ago, bird watcher said:

If I own a restaurant and a customer is reasonably unhappy with their foood the last thing I want is my setver to ignore the complaint and try to settle the bill first or invite them back for another dinner.  Both those things should be done but AFTER addressing the complaint.  At least acknowledge it.  I would seriously reprimanded a server or floor manager for getting thise two things backwards.  

Apologies for the typos. I wrote that on my iphone without proofreading.

15 hours ago, bird watcher said:

Avoiding the pink elephant in the room.  That seems like a perfectly fine letter to write AFTER addressing the direction the franchise will take going forward. 

I wonder when DD would’ve sent out the first letter to season ticket holders if he were president of the team like TOR offered him in 2014-2015?  

Ticket sales would have been part of his job duties. Now he’s back on the street because of big Pete. 

Archived