Free Agent Tracker

weams

On 10/29/2018 at 2:40 PM, weams said:

Not really. 

That's the joke, good sir.

I'm just saying anyone that both (i) bets on the Orioles to win the World Series, and (ii) anyone who buys a lottery ticket, will lose. The 350:1 odds are going to pay out $350,000 on a $1,000 bet, less than the millions paid out in the lottery. I fully understand that paying $1,000 in lottery tickets still gives you exponentially longer actual odds than the 350:1 set out by the odds makers for the O's to win the World Series. I'm just saying the actual odds of the O's winning the series are essentially zero as are the odds of winning the lottery. That's all I was saying in the joke.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bpilktree said:

I would assume Manny would play shortstop for the Yankees and keep Andujar at third.  Didi is out til around all star break I would think and then he may have issues with throwning.  

You really think a guy who might miss half a season is relevant to whether or not you sign someone to an 8 or 10 year contract?   I don't think the Gregorius situation would have any impact on whether or not they would sign Manny.

22 minutes ago, SteveA said:

You really think a guy who might miss half a season is relevant to whether or not you sign someone to an 8 or 10 year contract?   I don't think the Gregorius situation would have any impact on whether or not they would sign Manny.

He is free agent after next year so if they bring Manny in it will be to take over short.  Didi will get a nice chunk change in 2020 and they should let him walk have Manny play SS and Andujar play third.

On 10/29/2018 at 3:53 PM, terphoopsfan said:

I don't think the Yankees suffered too much from their defensive issues. Harper isn't worth the money or the headache. I understand why Manny wants to play there but do they really have a need? What would the expectations be in trade for Andujar?

The Mets wanted a package headed by Andujar or Torres for deGrom.  The Yankees should have jumped on that deal if they could have structured it around Andujar. 

On 10/29/2018 at 2:13 PM, ORIOLE33 said:

If I had a couple thousand laying around the house, why not?

If you did give it to me! I'll come by pick it up and punch you in the biscuit. next season I will meet you again and give back half of your couple thousand. Trust me you will be better off. 

The Orioles winning the WS is not happening. You have a better chance at the next mega  lottery jackpot and then getting struck by lightning ?

21 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think the expert is significantly high on a lot of these.  Particularly Cutch.

9) Andrew McCutchen, OF: He gets his free agency chance off a nice second half with the Yankees, but he’s no longer the star he once was, or for that matter, a center fielder. Expert: 4 years, $15M per, $60M. Me: 3 years, $13M per, $39M.

18) Adam Jones, OF: The Orioles’ longtime star is probably a corner outfielder after years as one of the better center fielders in the game. Expert: 3 years, $12.5M per, $37.5M. Me: 2 years, $11M per, $22M.

20) Nelson Cruz, DH: Cruz has been one of the best and most consistent sluggers in the game. Limited to the AL. Expert: 2 years, $16.5M per, $33M. Me: 2 years, $15M per, $30M.

28) Nick Markakis, OF: He put up an excellent season, but the Braves are said to believe the $17.9-million qualifying offer is a bit rich. Expert:  2 years, $11M per, $22M. Me: 2 years, $12.5M per, $25M.

Archived