Luke’s 2018 Rule 5 Draft Preference List

Luke-OH

1 hour ago, LookinUp said:

I'm not going to predict greatness for either Castro or Wright, but they are exactly the types of arms I'm hoping the new regime can get more out of than the old regime. Way back when, Wright looked like he had unhittable stuff out of the bullpen. The O's forced him into a starting role. Different guy ever since, based on my eye test at least. Two years ago Castro was an awesome find. Last year he had some of the worst performances you can imagine. 

I don't know if it was the analytics, poor coaching or flat out players who are not good enough, but with change comes hope. 

Wright has been pretty terrible as a reliever too. 1.50+ WHIP, .800+ OPS in either role. He is just not very good.

I think he was a victim of his success. He had that great start in his debut, and ever since we just can't quit the guy, no matter how bad he is.

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

I guess it’s possible to get a pitcher with the first and select a guy like Martin as our 2nd choice. 

Not much to lose if he doesn’t get selected except $100k. Which is not much in baseball ⚾️...

I think there is a better chance of getting one of the best available pitchers in round 2 than one of the best available position players.  Elias said he leans toward taking infielders when he can, so I'm thinking that there's a good chance that we go infielder with that first pick.

17 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

Wright has been pretty terrible as a reliever too. 1.50+ WHIP, .800+ OPS in either role. He is just not very good.

I think he was a victim of his success. He had that great start in his debut, and ever since we just can't quit the guy, no matter how bad he is.

Yeah the guy was dominant. It’s crazy. Must have been a ton of adrenaline, weak hittting teams, and no MLB scouting report. 

Hes had some good coaches. The Braves are well respected organization and they’ve recently hired Kranitz to go along with Wallace and Chiti. 

11 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Yeah the guy was dominant. It’s crazy. Must have been a ton of adrenaline, weak hittting teams, and no MLB scouting report. 

Hes had some good coaches. The Braves are well respected organization and they’ve recently hired Kranitz to go along with Wallace and Chiti. 

We had Kranitz until Buck replaced him with Mark Connor.

12 hours ago, weams said:

The Braves last GM and President are banned from working in baseball. That's not respect. 

Well, the GM is anyway.  Believe John Hart is not officially banned from anything as he is working for MLB network. 

1 hour ago, Jammer7 said:

Well, the GM is anyway.  Believe John Hart is not officially banned from anything as he is working for MLB network. 

I believe he is not permitted to work for any team in any capacity.  Kinda like Jim Bowden. 

Archived