Luke’s 2018 Rule 5 Draft Preference List

Luke-OH

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn’t quite get to the finish line, but here’s a top ten name to hold you over.

Bryan Brickhouse RHP 

Missed two years with injuries, remade his body, was throwing 100mph with a plus slider at times this year. Struggled with control at times, but he’s athletic, the delivery works, and command is always the last thing to come back.

2 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

Didn’t quite get to the finish line, but here’s a top ten name to hold you over.

Bryan Brickhouse RHP 

Missed two years with injuries, remade his body, was throwing 100mph with a plus slider at times this year. Struggled with control at times, but he’s athletic, the delivery works, and command is always the last thing to come back.

Hope the family is doing well. 

On 12/8/2018 at 8:44 AM, Luke-OH said:

Bryan Brickhouse RHP 

Maybe I misunderstood that song. Was it about a girl named Brickhouse?

That's a great effort, Luke.  I have followed Junior Fernandez at various times from the Cardinals system.  There is a strong depth of arms in that system.  Difficult to believe the reasoning behind the Reds exposing VanMeter after his second half last year though mlb.com lists Michael Beltre as the highest rated Reds prospect exposed in a Nov 25 article.

https://www.mlb.com/reds/news/top-prospects-eligible-for-the-rule-5-draft/c-301040298

2 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

List is up!

http://www.orioleshangout.com/2018/12/10/lukes-2018-rule-5-draft-preference-list/

Please let me know if there are guys I missed, I probably considered them but if you point them out I’ll let you know why I left them off and maybe add them if they are worthy and I missed checking them out.

Hope you all enjoy.

Interesting list!     It will be fun to see who we pick and who else gets picked.   You’d certainly have to think that Bostick is on Elias’ radar.

48 minutes ago, hoosiers said:

That's a great effort, Luke.  I have followed Junior Fernandez at various times from the Cardinals system.  There is a strong depth of arms in that system.  Difficult to believe the reasoning behind the Reds exposing VanMeter after his second half last year though mlb.com lists Michael Beltre as the highest rated Reds prospect exposed in a Nov 25 article.

https://www.mlb.com/reds/news/top-prospects-eligible-for-the-rule-5-draft/c-301040298

Yes. 

Luke, how would you compare JVM to Flaherty? The profile seems very similar.

The C on your list is very intriguing. I wonder why he isn't more highly regarded. .300/.800 hitting C who can throw?

Based on your description, Elvis sounds really good! "Blown away" and "MLB quality stuff" are pretty strong words.

Looks like a deep list of potential picks. What are the chances we take a couple guys in the draft to see who sticks? This would be the year to do it rather than last year.

I expect Elias to take a pitcher in the draft. I think it's easier to hide and/or be selective in usage of a pitcher than a position player, but the review of VanMeter certainly makes me intrigued. Given he's not that high on most list any chance he passes through the first round of the Rule-5 draft?

Archived